'20 Escape Hybrid To Get 39MPG

13 minutes ago, AGR said:

Yeah right...  Most Camry drivers I see(and Toyota drivers in general) are the clueless morons going 2 mph under the limit in the left lane. Honda and Subaru drivers are about the same.

Ditto across the pacific except right lane (RHD), must attract the same types of people.

So funny when they get a Kenworth B-Double up their ass.

a-car-parked-in-a-parking-lot__26810_.jp

• Like 1

16 hours ago, rperez817 said:

Most Camry drivers want to be like this Camry driver.

Yeah right.  Camry drivers have no idea that guy exists - hell, I have no idea who it is.

13 hours ago, AGR said:

Yeah right...  Most Camry drivers I see(and Toyota drivers in general) are the clueless morons going 2 mph under the limit in the left lane. Honda and Subaru drivers are about the same.

You're lucky if they're only doing 2 under the limit!  Around here it's at least 10-15 below the limit.  Throw in Corollas into that category too.  If there's traffic congestion, I look ahead and 9 times out of 10, its some sort of Toyota (usually Camry or Corolla) going 10-15 under blocking traffic.  The worst is when 3-4 of them all decide they're going to drive next to each other well under the limit so nobody can get around.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rmc523 said:

Yeah right.  Camry drivers have no idea that guy exists - hell, I have no idea who it is.

You're lucky if they're only doing 2 under the limit!  Around here it's at least 10-15 below the limit.  Throw in Corollas into that category too.  If there's traffic congestion, I look ahead and 9 times out of 10, its some sort of Toyota (usually Camry or Corolla) going 10-15 under blocking traffic.  The worst is when 3-4 of them all decide they're going to drive next to each other well under the limit so nobody can get around.

My "Miami Side" comes out when that happens and I use the emergency lane to pass, specially on the turnpike. Not uncommon down there, but up here in Orlando i get the "WTF" look, or the blinking headlights after I go back into the lane, then its like "Oh BRAKE CHECK!" and suddenly they knock that off real quick...

1 minute ago, ANTAUS said:

My "Miami Side" comes out when that happens and I use the emergency lane to pass, specially on the turnpike. Not uncommon down there, but up here in Orlando i get the "WTF" look, or the blinking headlights after I go back into the lane, then its like "Oh BRAKE CHECK!" and suddenly they knock that off real quick...

Yeah, I deal with Miami traffic daily, and people here are idiots.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rmc523 said:

I can attest its NOT limited to Miami or Florida ( that's just elections ) I sincerely have ZERO idea how some pass their tests...and with the population here in So Cal its exponentially more noticable...and compounded with me being on a Motorbike! ARRRRG.

22 hours ago, AGR said:

Prius drivers trump Camry drivers by a significant margin....HOV Nazis, either balls to the wall 2 feet from your rear wheel, or 20 mph under the limit in the HOV lanes with a tail of 10 frustrated drivers behind them... 

Edited by Deanh
  • Like 1

Michigan seems to be Corolla more so than Camry. Older Camry drivers here tend to be drive as fast as possible weaving in and out of traffic, similar to older bmw 3 and 5 series and charger/300’s. That switches to jeeps and ram pickups in the winter when it’s snowing because they have 4wd. Prius and CRV drives go one of two ways, slow and steady or flat out.  

Mind you on some freeways traffic moves at 85 or 90 mph so to be weaving and going around you’re doing over 100. 

Even when they do patrols on the freeway here other than Allen Park, Warren, Taylor and Livonia (and here it’s just really if your black) you won’t get pulled over unless you’re going 85+ and even at that speed it’s shooting fish in a barrel for them. Potholes are smoother when you just get air over them. 

Also with out no fault law if you brake check someone you still put the claim with your insurance and there’s a real possibility you’ll be shot at so it is not advised. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rmc523 said:

Welcome to California

2 hours ago, Deanh said:

I can attest its NOT limited to Miami or Florida ( that's just elections ) I sincerely have ZERO idea how some pass their tests...and with the population here in So Cal its exponentially more noticable...and compounded with me being on a Motorbike! ARRRRG.

Agreed, Nor Cal is just as bad.

14 hours ago, pictor said:

For years around the Northeast it was Volvo drivers who had the reputation but now it is clearly aging baby boomers in Camrys out in rush hour blocking traffic. Hate hate hate Camry drivers

Around here it seems to be Subaru Forrester and Outback drivers who like to go too slow on the backroads.

Some things I notice...  almost all Toyota and Lexus drivers will not use their headlights, no matter how foggy or rainy it is.

All Prius drivers who do use them, always have one headlight burned out.

Most Hyundai drivers have at least one bad brake light

Tesla drivers do not know what turn signals are.

Acura drivers cannot stay in their lanes going around even the slightest of curves

Edited by Trailhiker
additions
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Deanh said:

I really wish we'd institute better driving tests/requirements and/or better driver training before you get the license.  Not only would that help with traffic, but also mileage (and therefore fuel usage), time saved, etc.  Signal programming is another issue - why do we have lights that change, only for the next one a block away turn red right away.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

I really wish we'd institute better driving tests/requirements and/or better driver training before you get the license.  Not only would that help with traffic, but also mileage (and therefore fuel usage), time saved, etc.  Signal programming is another issue - why do we have lights that change, only for the next one a block away turn red right away.

Exactly.  Driver education is a joke.  They don't train people how to drive.  Germany does and it shows.  It's also expensive in Germany to get your license so drivers don't take it lightly.

1 hour ago, akirby said:

Exactly.  Driver education is a joke.  They don't train people how to drive.  Germany does and it shows.  It's also expensive in Germany to get your license so drivers don't take it lightly.

Same goes for Euro motorcycle certifications.  They require a certain number of years on smaller CC bikes before you can move up.  I think in UK, you have to be 24 years old and have driven a smaller CC bike a few years before you could move up to the BMW R1200 I ride.

Over here, you want a Hayubasa at age 16?  Sure, go for it!  Do a few figure 8's in a parking lot and you pass.  Wear a helmet for 2 years.  Then hey, what ever dude.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, akirby said:

The police don't take it lightly when they catch you violating traffic laws either. 

Just now, fuzzymoomoo said:

The police don't take it lightly when they catch you violating traffic laws either. 

Here they only care if it's a revenue generating ticket.  I've never seen anyone pulled over for not having their lights on in the rain even though it's the law and that is FAR more dangerous than driving 10 mph over the posted limit.

3 minutes ago, akirby said:

Here they only care if it's a revenue generating ticket.  I've never seen anyone pulled over for not having their lights on in the rain even though it's the law and that is FAR more dangerous than driving 10 mph over the posted limit.

Gotta hit that quota