New Facebook Pages

Ford Mach E

Ford Thunder

• Custom Search

Sign in to follow this  
mackinaw

All new Lincolns will also be built in China

"May 15 (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co plans to start production of new luxury Lincoln models in China for that market as they are launched, starting with the new Corsair later this year, to benefit from lower costs and avoid the risk of tariffs, a top executive said on Monday.  Shanks said all new Lincoln models, with the exception of the Navigator assembled in Louisville, Kentucky, will also be produced in China."

https://www.reuters.com/article/ford-motor-china-lincoln/ford-to-build-more-lincolns-for-chinese-market-locally-cfo-idUSL2N22R0MC

I corrected the title.  The original title made it sound like they were moving Lincoln production to China exclusively.

Smart thing to do considering the current situation-not to mention I bet the Navigator take rate in China has to be tiny. 

Gotta like how they mention Ford's sales dropping (citing Ford's percentage drop), and don't cite Lincoln's specific sales at all, despite it being a Lincoln-focused ad.

This move was expected, though.  I guess we finally have a timeline on it, though.  I guess this applies to Aviator too, then, right?  But it's starting with Corsair despite Aviator arriving before Corsair?  Unless they arrive simultaneously?

I could see at some point the Continental (if not this generation, then next -- assuming there is a next) also being built in China, possibly even exclusively in China, as it was developed in large part with the Chinese market in mind.

Edited by Gurgeh