Ford Mach E

Ford Thunder

• Custom Search

ice-capades

2020 Escape Order Guide

2020 Escape Order Guide

View File

2020 Escape Order Guide

Equipment is a disaster, already seems to be behind on equipment you can get in the segment, you can tell cost cutting was in full effect for U.S. vehicles. No Heated wiper park, no rain sensing wipers, no 360 Camera, LED headlights only on top of the line, no steering responsive headlights no 10" screen. (the 12" Cluster is nice that it is included on Hybrids) No cooled seats, no heated back seats.

Overall should keep current Escape owners that don't cross shop happy but I don't see Toyota/Honda/Nissan or even Chevy drivers switching over. Packaging is a full on disaster.

Hi there, any idea when pricing will be published?  Thank you!

2020MY Escape  vs. 2019MY Escape - MSRP Price Comparison

• 2019MY Escape S FWD - MSRP $24,105
  • 2020MY Escape S FWD - MSRP $24,885
  • 2020MY Escape S 4WD - MSRP $26,385 (New Model)
  • 2019MY Escape SE FWD - MSRP $26,500
  • 2020MY Escape SE FWD - MSRP $27,095
  • 2019MY Escape SE AWD - MSRP $28,000
  • 2020MY Escape SE AWD - MSRP $28,595
  • 2020MY Escape SE Sport FWD - MSRP $28,255 (New Model)
  • 2020MY Escape SE Sport AWD - MSRP $29,755 (New Model)
  • 2019MY Escape SEL FWD - MSRP $28,445
  • 2020MY Escape SEL FWD - MSRP $29,255
  • 2019MY Escape SEL AWD - MSRP $29,945
  • 2020MY Escape SEL AWD - MSRP $30,755 (301A)
  • 2020MY Escape SEL AWD - MSRP $33,040 (2.0L w/301A)
  • 2019MY Escape Titanium FWD - MSRP $32,620
  • 2020MY Escape Titanium FWD - MSRP $33,402 (Hybrid 400A)
  • 2019MY Escape Titanium AWD - MSRP $34,120
  • 2020MY Escape Titanium AWD - MSRP $34,900 (Hybrid 400A)
  • 2020MY Escape Titanium AWD - MSRP $36,685 (401A)

All 2020MY Escape Models - Destination & Delivery = $1,095

Edited by ice-capades
Additional Content

I expected a bit of an increase, and that's not too bad as far as increases go. I just wish packaging wasn't quite so rigid, though I understand why they’re going down that road. 

BIG difference to convince Equinox shoppers to go Escape:  CoPilot 360.  To get that stuff on an Equinox ('20 included), you have to buy the top-of-the-line Premier trim.  BIG negative for the Escape: the 3-cylinder turbo will likely turn away many, until more 3T's appear on the market.

51 minutes ago, CLTEcoBoost said:

BIG difference to convince Equinox shoppers to go Escape:  CoPilot 360.  To get that stuff on an Equinox ('20 included), you have to buy the top-of-the-line Premier trim.  BIG negative for the Escape: the 3-cylinder turbo will likely turn away many, until more 3T's appear on the market.

MY 2020 Equinox now comes with AEB, LKA, and automatic high beams standard on all trims. BSM/RCTA isn't offered on L and LS models though and only comes standard on Premier.

I think 2020 Escape is the only vehicle in its class with AEB, LKA, automatic high beams, and BSM/RCTA standard across the board.  

Good point about the 1.5L turbo 3 cylinder. Even though it should be better than the weak and noisy 1.0L Ecoboost 3-cylinder, this could be a hard sell in the U.S. The hybrid powertrain seems very promising though. As I mentioned in another 2020 Escape thread, Ford may match or beat RAV4 Hybrid in fuel economy and performance with the 2020 Escape Hybrid.

1 hour ago, CLTEcoBoost said:

BIG negative for the Escape: the 3-cylinder turbo will likely turn away many, until more 3T's appear on the market.

And why exactly is that? It's the same size engine as the 4 cylinder it's replacing....

13 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

And why exactly is that? It's the same size engine as the 4 cylinder it's replacing....

There are potential customers out there who think "3-cylinder engine" in any car larger than a subcompact means poor performance. And Ford gave those prospects good reason for thinking that way. The 1.0L 3-cylinder versions of Focus and EcoSport were slow and noisy. Worse performance than the 4-cylinder versions, yet little or no real world fuel economy benefit.

Even BMW has not had much success selling the larger Mini (Cooper Clubman, Cooper Countryman) with their B38 1.5L 3-cylinder turbo engine in the U.S.

Edited by rperez817

I test drove a 3 cylinder Focus when we got our 2015. I didn't find the noise to be any different than the 2.0 and acceleration was comparable (though the feeling of the clutch was completely different. My dad's clutch in his 1.6 Fusion is the same way. The catch point is very ambiguous and I don't like driving it). The only reason we went with the 2.0 despite the fact I really wanted the 6 speed manual instead of the 5 speed was the 2.0 version was better equipped for the same cost.