New Facebook Pages

Ford Mach E

Ford Thunder

• Custom Search

catarctic

ceramic seats versus 401A option group

I need to know why ceramic seats are not available on 2017-18-19 Mustang GT Premium with 401A option group?

Ceramic likely came up as lowest on the pile in a marketing survey when they were determining how many different seat colors to stock.  There may also be an issue with stocking the Recaro seats in that color.

Edited by Zooks527

Because the 401A (and 201A on Ecoboost Premium) includes Premier Trim with Color Accent which only comes in Black, Red and Blue.

51 minutes ago, Zooks527 said:

Ceramic likely came up as lowest on the pile in a marketing survey when they were determining how many different seat colors to stock.  There may also be an issue with stocking the Recaro seats in that color.

Recaros are optional.

2 hours ago, akirby said:

Recaros are optional.

Oh, I realize that, but the color choices in 401A are the same for both the Recaros and the standard seats, making it necessary to have two different stock sets (standard v. Recaro) for each color option.

11 minutes ago, Zooks527 said:

Oh, I realize that, but the color choices in 401A are the same for both the Recaros and the standard seats, making it necessary to have two different stock sets (standard v. Recaro) for each color option.

True - adding Ceramic would be 8 unique seats instead of just 6.