ceramic seats versus 401A option group

catarctic

Ceramic likely came up as lowest on the pile in a marketing survey when they were determining how many different seat colors to stock.  There may also be an issue with stocking the Recaro seats in that color.

Edited by Zooks527

51 minutes ago, Zooks527 said:

Ceramic likely came up as lowest on the pile in a marketing survey when they were determining how many different seat colors to stock.  There may also be an issue with stocking the Recaro seats in that color.

Recaros are optional.

2 hours ago, akirby said:

Recaros are optional.

Oh, I realize that, but the color choices in 401A are the same for both the Recaros and the standard seats, making it necessary to have two different stock sets (standard v. Recaro) for each color option.

11 minutes ago, Zooks527 said:

Oh, I realize that, but the color choices in 401A are the same for both the Recaros and the standard seats, making it necessary to have two different stock sets (standard v. Recaro) for each color option.

True - adding Ceramic would be 8 unique seats instead of just 6.  

I would have liked to see both ceramic and tan seats offered with 401A.    However, Mustang already offers more options and combinations than any other Ford except the F150 so I guess there is a limit to what is practical from a production perspective.    I doubt if ceramic or tan seats are particularly popular which is one reason that I like them.     I had ceramic seats on my black 2016 and thought they looked great.    When I decided to order a 2018, I knew I wanted the 401A package so I went with showstopper red seats.    

The unfortunate thing about the 401A package is that the 3 colors are Black, a blue so dark you need a color analyzer to show it isn't black (hence the blue thread) and red. Anyone who wants a light color interior is left out. Situation is worse with other performance Fords. The ST models and the former SHO and Sport models only offer black. 

• 2 weeks later...

On 5/21/2019 at 7:34 PM, paintguy said:

The unfortunate thing about the 401A package is that the 3 colors are Black, a blue so dark you need a color analyzer to show it isn't black (hence the blue thread) and red. Anyone who wants a light color interior is left out. Situation is worse with other performance Fords. The ST models and the former SHO and Sport models only offer black. 

Not having another clear option sucks but the Grabber Blue stitching is really nice in my opinion.