2020 Mustang Production Information

ice-capades

Per the latest FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) below is latest 2019/2020MY Mustang timetable.

• 05/03/2019 - 2019MY Fleet Final Order Date
  • 05/16/2019 - 2019MY Last Day to Spec Change
  • 08/09/2019 - 2019MY Balance Out Date
  •  
  • 05/09/2019 - 2020MY Order Bank Open Date
  • 06/13/2019 - 2020MY Scheduling Begins
  • 08/12/2019 -2020MY Job #1 Date

The 2020 Mustang Order Guide has been uploaded and is available in the Product Order Guides section for download. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
19 hours ago, aadl12 said:

So I should I've waited a few more days for the 2020 MY?

I'm waiting for a 2019 Mustang GT with ETA July 25

Well, it would be more than "a few days", as they won't be hitting the dealers until September-ish, so you would lose a month or two of summer driving.  Also, there's no changes to the GT between the 2019 and the 2020, other than silver/green/orange/red colors changing a bit, losing Kona Blue for Velocity Blue in the CS package (Boo! Kona Blue is a sweet color!), FordPass Connect becoming a bit more prevalent, and and the price going up a few hundred bucks.  You look like you're ahead of the game to me.

• 1 month later...

Per yesterday's FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) below is updated 2019/2020MY Mustang timetable.

• 08/16/2019 - 2019MY Balance Out Date
  •  
  • 08/19/2019 -2020MY Job #1 Date

• 4 weeks later...

Per today's FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) below is updated 2019/2020MY Mustang timetable.

• 08/23/2019 - 2019MY Balance Out Date
  •  
  • 08/26/2019 -2020MY Job #1 Date

• 3 months later...

All,

I'd like to give a shout out to ice-capades.  He is a tireless contributor to this forum and was a huge help getting me some information  I needed regarding a car that I was interested in purchasing.  I don't know him personally, but he is one of those guys you can count on to give you the straight scope if you've got a question about Fords both new and used.  I always find his posts very timely and useful.

Stanger99

• Thanks 2

• 3 months later...

Hi Everyone,

I have placed an order for my mustang GT Premium during the first week of February at one of the dealerships. Yesterday they told me that order has been processed and i got the VIN number. 

Is there any chance if I would like to change my order now ( Adding PP1 on my existing order)? Also, is there any way I can track my order using VIN number?

4 hours ago, Jack_Patel said:

Hi Everyone,

I have placed an order for my mustang GT Premium during the first week of February at one of the dealerships. Yesterday they told me that order has been processed and i got the VIN number. 

Is there any chance if I would like to change my order now ( Adding PP1 on my existing order)? Also, is there any way I can track my order using VIN number?

Hi Jack. You will need to contact your Dealership/Salesperson immediately and ask about changing the order. It may be too late, but your Dealership is who you need to contact.

There is a Vehicle/VIN tracking sub-forum up towards the top of the sub-forum list, named "Vehicle Locator by Ford Employees".  It is attended to by a very helpful forum member named "cyberdman". You can go there, carefully read the instructions, follow them precisely...and then post.  I will strongly reiterate, carefully read and follow the instructions. Other than that, your Dealership and/or the Lincoln Concierge are your VIN tracking options.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

Edited by bbf2530
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Jack_Patel said:

Hi Everyone,

Did your Dealer give you a scheduled production week or day? Vehicle orders are "locked in" approximately two weeks prior to the scheduled production date but don't waste any time having your Dealer submit changes to your order. You should be able to add the GT Performance Package (67G) without a problem as long as there aren't any compatibility issues with other features or options on your order. Once the change is submitted it takes 1-2 days for the changes to process and the Dealer to receive an updated DORA (Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement) confirming that the changes have been made. If the change is successful, expect the scheduled production date to be pushed back at least a week which is normal.  

GT Performance Package (67G)
• 19" X 9" (F) 19" X 9.5" (R) Ebony Black-painted Aluminum
• 255/40R19 (F) 275/40R19 (R) Summer Only Tires2
• Brembo™ Six-Piston Front Brake Calipers with Larger Rotors
• “Engine Spun” Aluminum Instrument Panel
• Gauge Pack (Oil Pressure and Vacuum)
• Heavy-duty Front Springs
• K-Brace
• Larger Radiator
• Performance Rear Wing (Fastback Only)
• Silver Painted Strut-Tower Brace
• Spoiler Delete (Convertible Only)
• TORSEN® Differential with 3.73 Axle Ratio (Manual)
• TORSEN® Differential with 3.55 Axle Ratio (Automatic)
• Unique Chassis Tuning
• Unique EPAS, ABS and Stability Control Tuning
• Upsized Rear Sway Bar
Note: If ordered with Premium Plus (401A) Package “Engine Spun” Aluminum Instrument Panel will supersede “Linked Graphite”
Note: Not available with Black Accent Package (52B), California Special Package (54C), Mini Spare Wheel and Tire (66W), Performance Package – Level 2 (673), or available wheels (64P or 649)

Hope this information helps! Let us know how you make out. 

1 hour ago, bbf2530 said:

Hi Jack. You will need to contact your Dealership/Salesperson immediately and ask about changing the order. It may be too late, but your Dealership is who you need to contact.

There is a Vehicle/VIN tracking sub-forum up towards the top of the sub-forum list, named "Vehicle Locator by Ford Employees".  It is attended to by a very helpful forum member named "cyberdman". You can go there, carefully read the instructions, follow them precisely...and then post.  I will strongly reiterate, carefully read and follow the instructions. Other than that, your Dealership and/or the Lincoln Concierge are your VIN tracking options.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

Thanks, regarding order change dealership does not seem to be interested as they clearly told me that i cannot change after the VIN number is assigned ? 

Just now, Jack_Patel said:

Thanks, regarding order change dealership does not seem to be interested as they clearly told me that i cannot change after the VIN number is assigned ? 

Jack, how much of a deposit do you have down?  Is it worth walking away from this order to get the one you want?

HRG

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

Did your Dealer give you a scheduled production week or day? Vehicle orders are "locked in" approximately two weeks prior to the scheduled production date but don't waste any time having your Dealer submit changes to your order. You should be able to add the GT Performance Package (67G) without a problem as long as there aren't any compatibility issues with other features or options on your order. Once the change is submitted it takes 1-2 days for the changes to process and the Dealer to receive an updated DORA (Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement) confirming that the changes have been made. If the change is successful, expect the scheduled production date to be pushed back at least a week which is normal.  

• K-Brace
• Larger Radiator
• Unique Chassis Tuning
• Upsized Rear Sway Bar
Note: If ordered with Premium Plus (401A) Package “Engine Spun” Aluminum Instrument Panel will supersede “Linked Graphite”
Note: Not available with Black Accent Package (52B), California Special Package (54C), Mini Spare Wheel and Tire (66W), Performance Package – Level 2 (673), or available wheels (64P or 649)

ice-capades : thanks for much for your reply and detail information. my dealer did not give any scheduled production date or any status. They just told me that the order cannot be changed as VIN number is already allocated. I think they are not willing to make any changes. is there a way I can directly contact Ford and check if I can still add PP1 on my order?

1 minute ago, Jack_Patel said:

Great.. another dealership that either doesn't know what they're doing or just too lazy!

1 minute ago, HotRunrGuy said:

Jack, how much of a deposit do you have down?  Is it worth walking away from this order to get the one you want?

HRG

Yes, i paid $1000 for deposit and signed bill of sale and finance documents. I would definitely walk away order a new one with PP1 is it's possible. 

4 minutes ago, Jack_Patel said:

Yes, i paid $1000 for deposit and signed bill of sale and finance documents. I would definitely walk away order a new one with PP1 is it's possible. 

Dealers usually require a deposit for ordered units unless it's a longstanding repeat customer that they know well and the order configuration isn't odd. No customer should ever be asked or agree to sign a finance contract until the time the customer takes actual delivery!

10 minutes ago, Jack_Patel said:

ice-capades : thanks for much for your reply and detail information. my dealer did not give any scheduled production date or any status. They just told me that the order cannot be changed as VIN number is already allocated. I think they are not willing to make any changes. is there a way I can directly contact Ford and check if I can still add PP1 on my order?

I don't know who you're talking to at the dealership but you should be talking to the Sales Manager, General Manager or even the Dealer Principal if you can't get satisfaction. In any case, you can always call and file a complaint with Ford.

1 minute ago, ice-capades said:

I don't know who you're talking to at the dealership but you should be talking to the Sales Manager, General Manager or even the Dealer Principal if you can't get satisfaction. In any case, you can always call and file a complaint with Ford.

Sure, I will call them tomorrow and ask for a scheduled production date and order status. If they don't provide those details then I will contact ford. 

22 hours ago, ice-capades said:

22 hours ago, Jack_Patel said:

Sure, I will call them tomorrow and ask for a scheduled production date and order status. If they don't provide those details then I will contact ford. 

Today I called Ford customer care and they know nothing about scheduled production date or locked status. they just redirected to check with my dealer ?

I had called my dealer and he said he confirmed with his senior manager who is working for 20 years and gave the same reply, Once the VIN number is generated I cannot change the order.

I might end up canceling my order and giving up on my $1000 deposit. I guess worth booking a new order with PP1 

Today I called Ford customer care and they know nothing about scheduled production date or locked status. they just redirected to check with my dealer ?

I had called my dealer and he said he confirmed with his senior manager who is working for 20 years and gave the same reply, Once the VIN number is generated I cannot change the order.

I might end up canceling my order and giving up on my $1000 deposit. I guess worth booking a new order with PP1 

35 minutes ago, Jack_Patel said:

Today I called Ford customer care and they know nothing about scheduled production date or locked status. they just redirected to check with my dealer ?

Your Dealer is just too incompetent or lazy to understand how easy it is provide simple, readily available information to a customer such as yourself. It's almost never the crime but the cover-up that gets them in trouble! I'd be all over them... forget this bit about someone saying they "confirmed" with a senior manager. I'd want to talk to that manager directly and, if not satisfied, go up the chain all the way to the Dealer Principal if necessary. A manager with 20 years "experience" sure hasn't learned much. I've been managing my dealership's order bank for 34 years now and run daily status reports for every retail order that are distributed to every manager (Sales, F&I, etc.) so that everyone has the most up-to-date status information on every retail and fleet order. And every sales representative gets similar reports for their customer orders. It's so easy to do right!   

• Like 2

Dealer is talking round and round, they don't know how to solve this. Very bad experience as past 1 week they are trying still trying to figure out what is the status of my order and if they can change it or now.

Today they are telling that will check and let me know by tomorrow if the order can be changed, I am surprised if they would have thoroughly followed up and started this exercise last week the chances would be very high to get this accommodated. Let's hope for best, or I would cancel my order and look for a fresh order ?

On 3/3/2020 at 2:26 PM, Jack_Patel said:

Dealer is talking round and round, they don't know how to solve this. Very bad experience as past 1 week they are trying still trying to figure out what is the status of my order and if they can change it or now.

Today they are telling that will check and let me know by tomorrow if the order can be changed, I am surprised if they would have thoroughly followed up and started this exercise last week the chances would be very high to get this accommodated. Let's hope for best, or I would cancel my order and look for a fresh order ?

Your Dealer should have put in the AVO (Alter Vehicle Order) immediately. There's nothing for them to "Check" as all they needed to do was put the order change in and the ordering system will process it at the plant level. If the change is accepted a new DORA (Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement" will be sent to the Dealer within 48 hours confirming the change. If the change is rejected the ordering system will either display a message or the Dealer will get a notice. If the Dealer never submits the change via the ordering system there's nothing anyone they talk to can do and all they've done is waste time.

FYI... I did not know until I read your private message that you were in Canada. There are differences in vehicles being exported (especially outside North America) as far as the VIN number assignment, scheduling and the ability to make order changes but I don't believe that the process for Mustang orders going to Canada are any different than it is for U.S. Dealers.

• 1 month later...

Hi Ice,

When I try and build the Mustang GT Premium on Ford's website build mustang it shows Performance package 1 as $5195 an increase of $1200 vs 2019 Mustang GT which is $3995. Do you know if there is any extra equipment not listed on the listed on surface accounting for this $1200 increase or is it just a pure $1200 increase from year to year purposes?

On 3/1/2020 at 1:30 PM, ice-capades said:

• K-Brace
• Larger Radiator
• Unique Chassis Tuning
• Upsized Rear Sway Bar