Powershift transmission law suits

20 minutes ago, 92merc said:

Yeah, Ford may have selected the wrong transmission.  But everything I've read stated it was a "joint venture".  So one would think Getrag should have said, "You're going to use that on what??"

Maybe they did but Ford said we’re using it anyway for the fuel economy.

I don’t know, just saying what might have happened.

5 hours ago, IMSA-XJR9 said:

I still get Lemon Law letters about my 2011 Titanium Focus that I haven't owned for almost 5 years.  I suppose I was one of the lucky ones.  I never had an issue with mine and I traded it in with ~60K miles.  I loved that little car, but I got a great deal on my F150 . . . similar to what 630land stated except I had zero issues with my Focus.

I've received the same letter.
And I own a 2016 RS with 6 speed manual.....

• Haha 2

Here in Brazil the Powershift became legal process and harmed images of all Fords sold here. Prior to Powershift, Ford was on a growing margin of sales and public adhesion. It came to liberance in segments. Powershift completely ruined the prospect of brand growth for four years. Only last year Ford Brazil decided to replace it with the 6F15

• Like 1

17 hours ago, 92merc said:

I think Getrag should also bear some financial responsibility for this transmission.  Seals for sure.  Clutches maybe. TCM was probably all Ford.

To a point, yes. But Ford's name is on the car and they had the final say on how the transmission was built. Ford must have had some sort of problem when testing the prototypes of the car, especially when such a high percentage of these transmissions failed. When Ford was aware of the problem, they continued building the cars with the faulty transmissions when alternatives were available.

• Sad 1

On 5/10/2019 at 4:40 PM, Harley Lover said:

Every owner got screwed by Ford in this situation, why are you so incredulous? I don't blame him for giving Ford the metaphorical finger.

See below.

On 5/10/2019 at 5:04 PM, akirby said:

Has nothing to do with Ford - he’s been bemoaning Ford getting rid of sedans and then he goes out and buys a RAV4.  If he wanted a CUV then Ford has plenty of those and he shouldn’t be complaining about it.

This.

On 5/10/2019 at 4:04 PM, akirby said:

Has nothing to do with Ford - he’s been bemoaning Ford getting rid of sedans and then he goes out and buys a RAV4.  If he wanted a CUV then Ford has plenty of those and he shouldn’t be complaining about it.

Yeah, I've been vocal about the dropping of cars, too...but if I ultimately decide to bite the bullet and get a CUV, it will have a blue oval. It sure as heck won't be a Toylet.

• Like 2

I'm still pissed Ford is dropping the Fusion...but my wife won't make up my mind what she wants next. Now she's talking about an Edge. Started out as wanting an Accord...then an F-150...now the Edge. 

I would rather buy an older, low tech car and rebuild as I would to buy any other brand.

I may be pissed at Ford's direction, but I don't like Asian cars and don't trust the quality of German & the other two domestics. Ford's quality has been declining, so that may be a wash.

Edited by 351cid
add last paragraph

5 hours ago, 351cid said:

I'm still pissed Ford is dropping the Fusion...but my wife won't make up my mind what she wants next. Now she's talking about an Edge. Started out as wanting an Accord...then an F-150...now the Edge. 

I would rather buy an older, low tech car and rebuild as I would to buy any other brand.

I may be pissed at Ford's direction, but I don't like Asian cars and don't trust the quality of German & the other two domestics. Ford's quality has been declining, so that may be a wash.

They’re keeping Fusion through 2023.

On 5/10/2019 at 6:41 AM, fordtech1 said:

I don’t remember the cvt being as bad. Only thing I remember about the cvt was it was heavy, slow, hard to work on and expensive. It could be fixed. 

For the first couple of years of production, the recommendation was to REPLACE the transmission.

43 minutes ago, theoldwizard said:

For the first couple of years of production, the recommendation was to REPLACE the transmission.

I believe that’s because of the special tools required to repair it. Still even if you replaced it, they didn’t come back shuddering. Most CVT issues I heard of was noise or check trans message. 

14 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

uh 2021...maybe. Its getting retooled for the TC and C Trucklet

2018 calendar year sales for TC were 32,000 and the little truck will be lucky to sell that much. No way those two models can keep a factory viable. I wonder if the 21 Fusion will get updated with new power trains since it looks like it would be the only model left using the 2.5 and 1.5 engines and the 6 speed auto.

1 hour ago, rmc523 said:

Wait.  So now that car will have gone from 2013 to 2023 with two minor refreshes?  Yikes.

It will be a rental fleet special long before then.  Same thing Ford seems to do every other generation with their cars.

23 hours ago, 351cid said:

Maybe 1 of these would entice her to make up her mind lol.

Screenshot_20190513-212147_Gallery.jpg