Ford Bronco Spied Revealing Front Axle From Underneath

16 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Right-I remember that-but it took what 2 1/2-3 weeks for the new F-150 to get photographed? That is what I'm surprised at. 

I didn't know those were being built at the same time. 

Like I said, don't be surprised if the Bronco prototypes are only out at night for a while 

5 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Like I said, don't be surprised if the Bronco prototypes are only out at night for a while 

Thats true-I'm figuring we won't see them till the fall if we are lucky-depends on when they actually show the real one off...and the Scout too

4 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Thats true-I'm figuring we won't see them till the fall if we are lucky-depends on when they actually show the real one off...and the Scout too

I don't know when but it sounds like based on stuff Hackett and Hinrichs have been saying we should see both of them by the end of the year 

1 hour ago, silvrsvt said:

I wouldn't expect it at launch-I'm assuming they are doing something sorta like the Escape and Corsair, where it will most likely launch next year after it goes into production.

Agreed.  When you stop to think about it, there's probably no great rush to release the hybrid version.   Unless they totally screw it up, demand for the new Bronco should be high and stay that way for awhile.  Launching the hybrid version, a year or so after launch, would be one way of maintaining interest.

52 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I'll be attending a number of evening/night events in Dearborn in about a month.  Guess I'll drive down Oakwood while heading back to our motel.

Right-for the vast majority of people they want something that looks "cool"

I fail into that-I really don't need hardcore off road-I want it look the part, but i'm more concerned about day to day driving and how much crap I can fit into the back of it if I need to go to home depot, without buying a Ranger or F-150

This.  I'm in south Florida.  Have no need for off road capability, but I'm quite interested in Bronco if it winds up being what I want it to be (early indications are yes) and a lot of that is looks.  I want it to have that look but be great on road.

Right-I remember that-but it took what 2 1/2-3 weeks for the new F-150 to get photographed? That is what I'm surprised at. 

Could it be a bit of one-upsmanship with Ram and GMs out there now - it's a shot across the bow of "look what we've got coming" form Ford?

2 hours ago, mackinaw said:

Today was Ford's annual shareholders meeting.  Michael Martinez works for Automotive News and covered the event.  The twitter quote about the hybrid Bronco is from that meeting.  The Detroit News reported the same thing.

I know that there was pressure on eng to cut costs and one of the casualties earlier this year was Bronco hybrid, maybe that was not Mr. Hackett's intention, maybe he wanted costs cut and the hybrid to remain....

Edited by jpd80

5 hours ago, PREMiERdrum said:

Most definitely is happening. Again.  ?

Canned 5 months ago as part of Hackett’s cost cutting , I guess now that Hackett said it’s happening, they will have to restart it.....

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, jpd80 said:

Canned 5 months ago as part of Hackett’s cost cutting , I guess now that Hackett said it’s happening, they will have to restart it.....

Well to be fair it's not like when something is cancelled it's just thrown out right away. I bet somewhere on a server  in the depths of the glass house is what remains of the NG Fusion program and they could pick it right back up tomorrow if they wanted without too much catching up. 

4 hours ago, jpd80 said:

Or maybe copy/paste 3.3 hybrid package from Explorer.

Does anyone know what the F-150 is getting for Hybrid? Is it the 3.3L or 2.7L Ecoboost plus Hybrid? 

I'd think it would get the 3.3 Hybrid, but I guess it would depend on how they want position it and that would effect the Bronco choice too. I'd assume the Bronco would be more premium then Explorer (smaller numbers overall produced with a high ATP) would point it at 2.7L Hybird if it exisits. Not sure if Ford is going to want to offer 3 completely different powertrains in a product that is going to sell 100K (more likely more then that) units a year. 

Does anyone know what the F-150 is getting for Hybrid? Is it the 3.3L or 2.7L Ecoboost plus Hybrid? 

I'd think it would get the 3.3 Hybrid, but I guess it would depend on how they want position it and that would effect the Bronco choice too. I'd assume the Bronco would be more premium then Explorer (smaller numbers overall produced with a high ATP) would point it at 2.7L Hybird if it exisits. Not sure if Ford is going to want to offer 3 completely different powertrains in a product that is going to sell 100K (more likely more then that) units a year. 

Does any manufacturer make a turbocharged hybrid?

13 hours ago, jpd80 said:

I was told it was placed "under hold/review" for possible alignment with another project - not canned outright. 

9 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Well to be fair it's not like when something is cancelled it's just thrown out right away. I bet somewhere on a server  in the depths of the glass house is what remains of the NG Fusion program and they could pick it right back up tomorrow if they wanted without too much catching up. 

And the NG Flex... and the circa '12ish Falcon... and the lifestyle pickup... and the Lincoln SuperDuty... 

What I wouldn't give to have a day to dig through their abandoned product plans. 

The 2020 oil chart only showed the 3.3L hybrid and the 3.0LEB hybrid so it's almost certain to be the 3.3L hybrid.  There is no 2.7LEB hybrid yet.

Projects like that (a variant of a new or existing vehicle) are rarely canned outright unless the market goes away.   What usually happens is they either run into time or cost constraints and have to delay certain models or features.   Then they just get pushed out to a future release.  A hybrid Bronco will never be off the table completely.

Just now, Edgeoffroad04 said:

Wont Bronco be a 2021 model year? If so we dont have any direction yet from the 2020 oil chart.

If anything, the most common sense would be the 3.3L since it would be shared with the Explorer and most likely the 2020 F-150..then again if the F-150 is a 2021, that might change.

Whatever the F-150 is getting hybrid wise is most likely what the Bronco and Ranger will get, unless Ford does an I4 2.3L Hybrid for those products.

Just now, Trailhiker said:

I'm sure you could find a good swamp and miles of beaches for the Bronco.

But a beach wouldn't require heavy duty suspension-just a good set of off road tires. Heck I bet as long as your not stupid you could get pretty much anywhere on a beach with just 4WD, 

4 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

But a beach wouldn't require heavy duty suspension-just a good set of off road tires. Heck I bet as long as your not stupid you could get pretty much anywhere on a beach with just 4WD, 

I drove my 75 cutlass on the beach.   You just have to stay away from the dunes.