Ford Bronco Spied Revealing Front Axle From Underneath

Torn on the whole IFS debate, because a well tuned IFS could be better, if losing some "macho" points in the process.

I want the Bronco to be genuinely capable off-road...but I don't know if trying to out-hardcore the Wrangler is the best way for the model to succeed.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, ZanatWork said:

Torn on the whole IFS debate, because a well tuned IFS could be better, if losing some "macho" points in the process.

I want the Bronco to be genuinely capable off-road...but I don't know if trying to out-hardcore the Wrangler is the best way for the model to succeed.

THANK YOU! I don't understand why people want the Bronco to be a Wrangler clone. That's not a good way to do business and just asking for trouble. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

THANK YOU! I don't understand why people want the Bronco to be a Wrangler clone. That's not a good way to do business and just asking for trouble. 

Exactly and more to the point, Bronco was never a CJ5/CJ7/Wrangler clone right from "Job 1" in 1966....Bronco is Ford's <ahem> "Better Idea" of what Wrangler and its previous generations can do. I remember when the redesigned CJ to TJ was introduced with a coil spring suspension and purists lost their minds....completely forgetting what Bronco achieved in off-road prowess using a coil sprung front suspension since that fabled "Job 1", again, way back in 1966

Edited by twintornados
  • Like 1

We're expecting the Ford Bronco hybrid to be launched alongside the normal one, so probably within a year

LOL we're more than a year out from when construction for it in the plant even starts. I still don't think they Hybrid is happening despite what that guy on twitter said. 

3 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

LOL we're more than a year out from when construction for it in the plant even starts. I still don't think they Hybrid is happening despite what that guy on twitter said. 

I think what he is saying is that the Bronco will launch and then the Hybrid will follow it with in 12-16 months. 

If thats the case, I might wait to get mine then. 

16 hours ago, Steve557 said:

IFS gets a big thumbs down from me.

don't know how many times I have said it...but from an insider...a SFA WILL be available for those that feel the need, most likely through Ford Performance, me, as small a percentage as the vehicle wold be used "hard-core" Id rather have something more ride friendly on a day to day basis.

Edited by Deanh
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, Deanh said:

don't know how many times I have said it...but from an insider...a SFA WILL be available for those that feel the need, most likely through Ford Performance, me, as small a percentage as the vehicle wold be used "hard-core" Id rather have something more ride friendly on a day to day basis.

That makes the most sense-the Bronco will be positioned as more civilized Wrangler-which will appeal to 85% of the buyers interested in getting it. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

That makes the most sense-the Bronco will be positioned as more civilized Wrangler-which will appeal to 85% of the buyers interested in getting it. 

good marketing IMO, the meat of the market will NOT be rock crawling...and the small percentage that does will have the option....

I am split on the whole SFA/IFS direction. We have two Wranglers in our household. Both lifted.

The first is a 98 TJ with a 4" lift and the other is a 2018 JLU with a Mopar lift.

Jeep has a well documented issue with their SFA and death wobble, steering wandering, etc. They have numerous "fixes" in the pipeline. Ours has already received a new stabilizer shock and a tracbar. With 6,000 miles on it- and prelift.

Big forum argument about the Bronco right now. Several owners are chomping at the bit to see it.

They want the "lifestyle" vehicle but don't need the hardcore capability of the SFA.

• Like 1

Interesting comments from the autoblog comment section:

The actual first U725 (Bronco) prototypes have been built.

The first P702 F-150 were built three Monday's ago on April 22,2019

Since the Spy shots of the new F-150 literally showed up yesterday, there is a good chance we will see a heavily camoed Bronco by mid June at the latest

Edited by silvrsvt
formatting still jacked up

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Today was Ford's annual shareholders meeting.  Michael Martinez works for Automotive News and covered the event.  The twitter quote about the hybrid Bronco is from that meeting.  The Detroit News reported the same thing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dave91gt said:

Big forum argument about the Bronco right now. Several owners are chomping at the bit to see it.

They want the "lifestyle" vehicle but don't need the hardcore capability of the SFA.

Right-for the vast majority of people they want something that looks "cool"

I fail into that-I really don't need hardcore off road-I want it look the part, but i'm more concerned about day to day driving and how much crap I can fit into the back of it if I need to go to home depot, without buying a Ranger or F-150

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mackinaw said:

Today was Ford's annual shareholders meeting.  Michael Martinez works for Automotive News and covered the event.  The twitter quote about the hybrid Bronco is from that meeting.  The Detroit News reported the same thing.

I wouldn't expect it at launch-I'm assuming they are doing something sorta like the Escape and Corsair, where it will most likely launch next year after it goes into production.

At least thats better then waiting for the next gen Ranger to come into production, which would made it a 2023 or so model.

9 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Interesting comments from the autoblog comment section:

I told guys prototypes were being built in April ;) 

I don't think we will see them photographed on the road for some time. With as highly anticipated as this is I suspect initially they will only be out at night, just like the first S550 Mustang prototypes were. 

14 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I told guys prototypes were being built in April ;) 

I don't think we will see them photographed on the road for some time. With as highly anticipated as this is I suspect initially they will only be out at night, just like the first S550 Mustang prototypes were. 

C'mon kids, what did we just learn from the new F150 thread?  Those Bronco's are loaded-up in a semi and headed to Denver, probably Utah too, so FLT can get a sneak preview,,,,,

HRG

• Like 1