My climate control fans are on full blast? 2014 Escape

Hello everyone,

Just bought a 2014 Escape Titanium. Everything seems to be in super good condition and working well. Just wondering though, when I power off the climate controls (Because I don't want any heating/cooling or fans to blow) and then turn it back on again, the fans are blowing on full blast. It's quite annoying to sit and press the button 4 times to lower the fan speed everytime, and wondering if this is just the default or if it's something I can change. Thanks :)http://tradevenue.se/

Update: also it won’t save any presets other than my entertainment section. Like when I shut off driver assist options, they will come back on the next time I turn on my car.

Also also, if anyone knows how to get my keypad code for the outside entry that’d be awesome too.

Thank you!

Edited by joe77

I would do a reset on the MFT system - https://owner.ford.com/support/how-tos/sync/sync-with-myford-touch/setup/sync-with-myford-touch-master-reset.html

You might also want to pull the battery cable and leave it off for 5 min (Manually Turn on the headlights from Auto to On when its pulled off, but be sure to turn then off before you reconnect) then reconnect the battery cable and turn the headlights back to auto.

With regards to the climate control, when you have it set to full auto, it's normal behavior.  If on Auto with AC on and you have the temp set to 70 degrees, if the car senses it's 80+ degrees inside the car, it's going to fire up the air conditioning and run the fan high to achieve that 10 degree temperature drop.  What you're supposed to do is if the fan is blowing higher than you expected, then you have the temp set too high.  Back it down.

My wife and son struggle with the Auto temp in my Escape as well.  They are used to full manual control.  If you just set the temp and let the system do its job, it works better.

16 minutes ago, 92merc said:

With regards to the climate control, when you have it set to full auto, it's normal behavior.  If on Auto with AC on and you have the temp set to 70 degrees, if the car senses it's 80+ degrees inside the car, it's going to fire up the air conditioning and run the fan high to achieve that 10 degree temperature drop.  What you're supposed to do is if the fan is blowing higher than you expected, then you have the temp set too high.  Back it down.

My wife and son struggle with the Auto temp in my Escape as well.  They are used to full manual control.  If you just set the temp and let the system do its job, it works better.

It annoys the hell out of my wife-she doesn't like the sound it makes-bugs her ears and tell her the same thing-it will run like that for a little bit then adjust. I get into her car and she has it turned up or turned down temp wise to keep it from running full blast.

55 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

It annoys the hell out of my wife-she doesn't like the sound it makes-bugs her ears and tell her the same thing-it will run like that for a little bit then adjust. I get into her car and she has it turned up or turned down temp wise to keep it from running full blast.

That's one of the bonuses of being deaf.  Even with my hearing aides, I still don't hear those high pitches as well as most people.

In the winter, I usually leave my temp at 70 all season.  Summer, I bump it up to 72 usually.  Just crack a window when I first start to let AC purge the hot air out of the vehicle.

11 minutes ago, 92merc said:

In the winter, I usually leave my temp at 70 all season.  Summer, I bump it up to 72 usually.  Just crack a window when I first start to let AC purge the hot air out of the vehicle.

The weird thing I noticed about the automatic climate control on my car is that it seems like the 70 to 71 is the line that it either kicks on the AC or the heat-I have to bump it up to 71 to make it feel warm in the winter and down to 70 to cool the car off in the summer. 

18 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

The weird thing I noticed about the automatic climate control on my car is that it seems like the 70 to 71 is the line that it either kicks on the AC or the heat-I have to bump it up to 71 to make it feel warm in the winter and down to 70 to cool the car off in the summer. 

72 is that line for me on the Flex.  71 is the line where the A/C kicks down into the lowest fan speed.

On 5/8/2019 at 12:22 PM, jasonj80 said:

I would do a reset on the MFT system - https://owner.ford.com/support/how-tos/sync/sync-with-myford-touch/setup/sync-with-myford-touch-master-reset.html

You might also want to pull the battery cable and leave it off for 5 min (Manually Turn on the headlights from Auto to On when its pulled off, but be sure to turn then off before you reconnect) then reconnect the battery cable and turn the headlights back to auto.

I've never done a master reset but now I'm really curious:  What's with the headlight on/off/auto procedure?  What going on there?

23 hours ago, BoomerSooner said:

I've never done a master reset but now I'm really curious:  What's with the headlight on/off/auto procedure?  What going on there?

When you pull the battery cable it just makes sure you drain the power of everything in the car (capacitors and such). If the headlights are in auto/on when you disconnect or reconnect the load is higher and will cause the battery cable to spark when you hook them back up.