So i just saw a prototype of the new f150 today, nothing revolutionary on the exterior but the interior is a huge improvement from today. Huge landscape touchscreen with Sync 4 and all digital instrument cluster, exquisite materials, lots of leather and high quality materials. If you have any questions feel free to ask

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

it doesn't really resemble it. The headlights and grill are very different from the current and that range rendering. It has a 3 different headlight designs, the LEDs are awesome. The daytime running light led looks like an upside 'L' sort of like the super duty but way better. The grill bar-wrapping into the a U shaped headlight design is mostly gone. The front bumper looks amazing and yes it has new features that will def set it apart. It will have a Hybrid and on board generator...lots of amazing tech and new features.

• Like 1

Would it be fair to say that the reveal for the 2021 F-150 will be at the 2020 Detroit Auto Show seeing how it's set to launch in second half of 2020? Can you also elaborate on the Sync 4? How is it different compared to current Sync 3?

2 hours ago, averagengineer said:

it doesn't really resemble it. The headlights and grill are very different from the current and that range rendering. It has a 3 different headlight designs, the LEDs are awesome. The daytime running light led looks like an upside 'L' sort of like the super duty but way better. The grill bar-wrapping into the a U shaped headlight design is mostly gone. The front bumper looks amazing and yes it has new features that will def set it apart. It will have a Hybrid and on board generator...lots of amazing tech and new features.

I've heard through certain channels that the hybrid Coyote is done, is this for hybrid Mustang alone or share with NG F150?

7 hours ago, pffan1990 said:

Would it be fair to say that the reveal for the 2021 F-150 will be at the 2020 Detroit Auto Show seeing how it's set to launch in second half of 2020? Can you also elaborate on the Sync 4? How is it different compared to current Sync 3?

I think Sync 4 integrates with the new cluster and moves all the functionality that used to be split between the APIM and the cluster into the APIM.  I don't think there are any significant functional differences (yet).

• Like 1

13 hours ago, averagengineer said:

So i just saw a prototype of the new f150 today, nothing revolutionary on the exterior but the interior is a huge improvement from today. Huge landscape touchscreen with Sync 4 and all digital instrument cluster, exquisite materials, lots of leather and high quality materials. If you have any questions feel free to ask

Will you be in a position to see any Mustang prototypes? I'm keen to understand if it's getting another refresh for the '21MY as has been rumored. My assumption is any Mustang refresh will coincide with the debut of the hybrid model.

3 minutes ago, blwnsmoke said:

I have no idea what you are talking about...  MFT worked just fine after APIM replacements and 7+ updates over 7 years time.

MFT is no longer even mentioned by Ford in any of its products since 2013 or so-

Even the first gen Products like the 2010 Escape that just had Sync in it worked pretty well-its when they introduced the touch screen is when everything went to shit till Sync 3 came out. 

Having MFT on my 2013-I'd give it a B- or C overall-has its quirks, but works for the most part and if there is an issue, nothing a restarting of the car can't fix (or start a new problem!)

Sync 3 is more or less bulletproof, but much of that is due to Apple Auto for the way I use it. 

7 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Not in my experience but I think there's something else going on. I need to get a replacement key so I'll have the dealer look at it. 

It is.  You have some type of hardware and/or software problem.

23 minutes ago, blwnsmoke said:

I have no idea what you are talking about...  MFT worked just fine after APIM replacements and 7+ updates over 7 years time.

As the moderator at the ford edge forum when the 2011 Edge debuted with MFT I understand what a CF that was.  

To be fair though it was pretty stable in late 2012/early 2013.

15 minutes ago, akirby said:

As the moderator at the ford edge forum when the 2011 Edge debuted with MFT I understand what a CF that was.  

To be fair though it was pretty stable in late 2012/early 2013.

Having had a 2012 Edge with MFT, I can saying it was ok. The biggest thing was, much like every electronic device you get. It needed an update when I bought it. It flaked out a decent amount. After about 3-4 version upgrades, that I did myself, it worked fine for the most part. The problem is nobody except me, is going to go through the trouble to do that. I sold it when things were finally working smoothly.

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Not in my experience but I think there's something else going on. I need to get a replacement key so I'll have the dealer look at it. 

Probably the APIM. I had to have mine replaced twice before it was working properly again. It was super laggy prior to the replacement. 

2 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

MFT is no longer even mentioned by Ford in any of its products since 2013 or so-

Even the first gen Products like the 2010 Escape that just had Sync in it worked pretty well-its when they introduced the touch screen is when everything went to shit till Sync 3 came out. 

Having MFT on my 2013-I'd give it a B- or C overall-has its quirks, but works for the most part and if there is an issue, nothing a restarting of the car can't fix (or start a new problem!)

Sync 3 is more or less bulletproof, but much of that is due to Apple Auto for the way I use it. 

2016 were the last MFT products, the old Clarion touch screen system works really well with Sync 2.0. MFT sucked, some of that was programming -- and some of it was the shitty cheap chip sets that were used to make it available in mid-range trims which made programming even harder, when they started over with low processor speeds and based around that it worked okay.

Even now Ford's don't have the clearest resolution on the center stack screen, and the Navigation maps are a joke for how outdated they are. The new digital cluster however though is beautiful.

I do wonder if some existing owners will be able to update to the new 3.4. system minus some features.