New Facebook Pages

Ford Mach E

Ford Thunder

• Custom Search

Sign in to follow this  
fordex

SYNC 3, Calm Screen and Background

I've seen several websites and YouTube videos discuss changing the background color on SYNC 3.  The idea is to be rid of the pale blue for something better during daytime mode.

I recently got a 2019 Explorer Sport (it's only major flaw at this point was assembly installed a driver's door sill plate from an XLT...solid black plastic without the illuminated plate).  The SYNC 3 version is 3.0.

In the Owner's Manual, print version July 2018, it lists in the Display section (page 476) two menu options that are not available on the unit itself:

Calm Screen: Enable this option to have your screen display minimal content.  Pressing anywhere on the screen, using reverse camera or touching an interactive icon returns the screen to normal content.

Background: Allows you to select a screen background color.

I tried calling--then chatting-- with the SYNC folks.  The results of the call were essentially--we have no idea, call the dealer.

The chat rep made an issue of the page title reading "SYNC 3 (if equipped)", insisting that just because the vehicle has SYNC 3, it doesn't mean its equipped with the Calm and Background Display menu options.  

Does anyone know what's up with the discrepancy?  I think the chat rep was taking an easy out with his interpretation of "if equipped" and when I told him I believed it was a software issue/mismatch with the printed owner's manual--he referred me to the dealer for "troubleshooting".  The dealer?  They tell me talk to Ford.

Thanks..