How is stereo system in Lincoln MKC?

13 hours ago, NJRonbo said:

Looking to possibly purchase a 2019 Lincoln MKC.

How is the premium THX stereo system that is an upgrade option for the vehicle?

Would you rate it average or very high?  Thanks in advance.

I don't have access to new Lincoln's in order to listen to their sound systems so perhaps someone else can offer their opinion. However, I was a certified installer for Dolby's motion picture audio systems and pretty familiar with THX. THX has very exact specifications for their audio systems and you might want to look at the THX site for additional information. I would expect that the THX vehicle applications would be designed to the same exacting specifications as their motion picture systems. As such, I would expect the Lincoln THX system to be of audiophile quality. Of course, the easiest way to find out is to visit your local Lincoln Dealer and hear for yourself!

The Lincoln THX system  is not as exacting as their theatre systems but they do design the system around the vehicle and they’ve always offered very good sound - very balanced but it won’t have thumping bass.

Is the MKC still using THX?  They didn’t convert to Revel?

On 4/20/2019 at 10:08 PM, NJRonbo said:

Looking to possibly purchase a 2019 Lincoln MKC.

How is the premium THX stereo system that is an upgrade option for the vehicle?

Would you rate it average or very high?  Thanks in advance.

THX in the MKC is not going to give you the big booming bass that you might want from rock, rap, or hip-hop.  THX is very exacting and known for it's clarity.  I listen primarily to smooth jazz, easy listening and various "chill" playlists from Apple Music - and for that type of music, my MKC it is as good as it gets. 

I also have the top of the line Revel system in an MKZ, that one rattles your doors and your teeth!  That one was probably a waste of money for me!  

1 hour ago, KenZ_GA said:

THX in the MKC is not going to give you the big booming bass that you might want from rock, rap, or hip-hop.  THX is very exacting and known for it's clarity.  I listen primarily to smooth jazz, easy listening and various "chill" playlists from Apple Music - and for that type of music, my MKC it is as good as it gets. 

I also have the top of the line Revel system in an MKZ, that one rattles your doors and your teeth!  That one was probably a waste of money for me!  

I am actually looking at the MKZ Hybrid with the 20 speaker Revel system.

How do you like your MKZ?  Is it a smooth ride?  Is the cabin very quiet?

Look forward to your response

20 minutes ago, NJRonbo said:

We have the 13 speaker Revel in our MKX and it's good - the higher end system is great.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, NJRonbo said:

I originally has a 2013 MKZ Hybrid, I loved that car.   I traded it in for a 2017 3.0 Twin Turbo.  Sort of went from one extreme to the other.   

While I loved the Hybrid mileage, lifetime calculated MPG was 41.08 MPG.  I tended to use the MKZ on longer trips, vacations, etc -  where I would typically get lower MPG because you are driving faster.  Trips often as low as 35-38, while local driving was typically in the 42-45 range - once I learned how to drive how the Hybrid wanted me to drive!  i.e. longer braking to recharge, slower starts, etc.  

Both MKZ's were incredibly quiet and incredibly smooth, the newer one more so than the older one, as well as the MKC.  If the MKC (upcoming 2020 Corsair) ever comes out in a Hybrid version, I would grab it in a minute since that is more of my local daily driver where I would take advantage of the MPG.   These three Lincolns were the first Ford/Lincoln products I ever owned - and I was quite surprised and the fit and quality.  

The MKZ being the vacation car was a little scary for me in the Hybrid version.  Driving in the mountains and dodging trucks, I love the effortless power of the 3.0T engine.  Or on those long stretches of interstate highway where trucks outnumber the cars, bobbing and weaving around those trucks is much easier in the 3.0T.  Remarkably, while my lifetime calculated average in the 3.0T is right around 22 MPG, when you are driving fast on long stretches of highway  - it has not been uncommon to get calculated MPG of 28-30 MPG with my high so far being 31.42 mpg.

Either choice is good, depending on your needs.  It is just a matter of finding the right one for the right price!                

Ken,

Loved reading your response.

Why was the MKZ being on vacation was scary for you in the Hybrid?  Did it not perform well?

I would prefer an MKC in hybrid, if it were offered, with the Revel 20-speaker stereo system.

Otherwise, I am glad you like your hybrid.  Exactly the answer I was looking for.

8 hours ago, NJRonbo said:

Hi NJRonbo.   Same reply as in your other posts: While I can not speak directly for the 2019 Hybrid, I do have a 2018 MKZ 3.0T AWD Reserve. All options except a moonroof.  We love it. The 2018 and 2019 MKZ's are identical.

I have found the Revel Ultima audio system to be excellent, especially for high quality audio sources/files.  As with all audio systems, the sound quality is only as good as the audio source.  Sirius Radio is lower quality sound, but that is due to the low bit broadcast by Sirius. HD Radio and flash drive sound sources are excellent.

The ride is great and has several settings.  Comfort, Normal and Sport.  So you can set the ride for separate use in Drive or Sport transmission modes. I have it set for Comfort while in Drive and Sport when in Sport.

I would highly recommend the 2018-2019 MKZ. Good luck.

I concur with the previous posts regarding the MKC’s THX system.  It’s very good.  

The Revel Ultima system in the MKZ is outstanding and well worth the investment for audiophiles.   Quality digital files on USB or Bluetooth are excellent, as is Apple CarPlay. I’m pleased to see that Revel has been made available on the Corsair. 

20 hours ago, NJRonbo said:

Ken,

Loved reading your response.

Why was the MKZ being on vacation was scary for you in the Hybrid?  Did it not perform well?

I would prefer an MKC in hybrid, if it were offered, with the Revel 20-speaker stereo system.

Otherwise, I am glad you like your hybrid.  Exactly the answer I was looking for.

What I consider scary probably would not affect others as much.  Don't get me wrong, the Hybrid power is adequate.  Sometime you want more than adequate!

When I travel to the midwest (often), there are many many miles of unfamiliar 4 lane interstate highways where you have semi trailer trucks travelling in packs, often in groups of 20 or 30, often on both lanes.  When you come up behind them as they go slower up the long broad hills of the midwest, I just want to bob and weave thru them as fast as I can, not really wanting to be beside the truck for long in case they decide to change lanes. And then as you go down the next long broad hill, I want to stay ahead of whatever pack I may have just traveled thru. You are definitely going up and down that 60-80 MPH range to bob and weave and then stay ahead - and that is an area where you would want power to be more than adequate.   

Same thing happens in the mountains where I also travel often, trucks may be travelling slower than normal uphill or may not be in total control (especially downhill). and although there are some areas with a truck lane thru the mountains, more than once I have seen a truck going way too fast downhill and using one of those "out of control" ramps to get stopped.   Again, I kind of want the power to be more than adequate to stay ahead of trouble - or get out of the way of trouble.

One other area are the 2-lane roads which dot much of this country outside urban areas.  You may have hundreds of miles and will undoubtably need to pass slower local traffic somewhere along the road.  When you have that white dotted line that says you can pass, you need to get out, pass and back in rather quickly.  Again, adequate power makes it interesting sometimes.

That is kind of what I meant by scary.  The unfamiliar roads, unusual topography and unusual traffic patterns that you might see on vacation that you would not see in local day-to-day driving.   

23 hours ago, NJRonbo said:

Ken,

I see what you mean.

Does the hybrid have enough "oomph"for entering a freeway ramp and for passing?

A qualified Yes to both...     Freeway ramps tend to be longer in the south than in the NE, so some of those short NE ramps could be a challenge.  Passing on a freeway, definitely yes.  Passing on a 2 lanes road with limited sight and distance - sometimes challenging.    A test drive should probably tell you if it works for you...

• Like 1