“BRONCO SCOUT” TRADEMARKED BY FORD

8 minutes ago, pffan1990 said:

I know you likely can't say, but do you know exactly when Ford's plans for the Bronco and the Bronco Scout (whatever it'll be called) will be announced to the public? As well as the official unveiling of the two off roaders? Just wondering if you know the timeline of when they'll be announced/revealed. Just counting down the days until then. I know you cannot comment on the plans themselves as well as other details.

That I don't know. I do know the scout will be revealed first. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

No. Would be redundant with Ranger around anyway. 

Could target a different market/buyer though.

16 hours ago, snooter said:

Broncho scout is rumored to have a chebby sourced motor.....just what i heard

Why do you even bother posting this?

15 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

At any rate it's probably not happening 

Once you all see what is happening you won't complain at all and if you do there's no hope for you 

Hmmm......sounds very interesting.

Now if only someone would spill the beans..........

(Yes, I'm kidding, we appreciate what you do share, but I'd never want you to get in trouble)

13 hours ago, pffan1990 said:

I know you likely can't say, but do you know exactly when Ford's plans for the Bronco and the Bronco Scout (whatever it'll be called) will be announced to the public? As well as the official unveiling of the two off roaders? Just wondering if you know the timeline of when they'll be announced/revealed. Just counting down the days until then. I know you cannot comment on the plans themselves as well as other details.

I'm guessing we'll see Bronco at the new NAIAS show next June.  That'll allow them to achieve their "2020" date, while still being on the timeline we seem to have figured out.  And maybe baby Bronco is this coming LA or something?

13 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

No I meant a Bronco Scout Pickup aka C Pickup-

Isn't that pickup a companion to another smaller product, though?  Not Bronco Scout?

On 4/20/2019 at 6:28 PM, snooter said:

......as a true scout owner i find this somewhat  interesting....scout always was the better choice back then though....bronc never had axles worth a crap until 77...

Back in the day the place I worked had an first-year Scout, a '66 Bronco, and a Jeep FC-150 pickup; primarily for plowing snow in the NE Ohio snow belt.  The Bronco would maneuver anywhere, the Scout required a three-point-turn to make a U-turn on a city street, and the FC-150 with a 1/2 yard of sand in the back required a shift to 4-wheel low to climb one residential hill on the way to one job site.  How far Utes have evolved, yet for compact snow plow vehicles, the field has been left to Jeep.

24 minutes ago, akirby said:

Yes another CUV.

Right.  So it wouldn't be a Bronco Scout pickup, it'd be a Bronco __(name of other SUV model)___ pickup.

Bronco Patrol?

Bronco Prospector sounds kinda cool for a bigger model, but I think that's been used on other vehicles.

Edited by rmc523

1 hour ago, rmc523 said:

Isn't that pickup a companion to another smaller product, though?  Not Bronco Scout?

44 minutes ago, akirby said:

Yes another CUV.

I don't think so-the companion vehicle for the C-pickup is going to be the Transit Connect-the TC has a significantly longer wheelbase then other C products Ford is making.

I'm not 100% sure how adding a third C class CUV in the NA market is going to help the Escape or Bronco Scout in sales and would dilute what Ford is trying to do with the C segment by having a car like product and more rugged SUV style product splitting the range.

I can see maybe a separate 3 row C product for Europe and China, but I don't see the need for it in NA-If anything the Ecosport replacement should be made in Mexico. The Puma would be a good replacement, but doesn't look like we are getting that here NA at least for now. 

14 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

I don't think so-the companion vehicle for the C-pickup is going to be the Transit Connect-the TC has a significantly longer wheelbase then other C products Ford is making.

I'm not 100% sure how adding a third C class CUV in the NA market is going to help the Escape or Bronco Scout in sales and would dilute what Ford is trying to do with the C segment by having a car like product and more rugged SUV style product splitting the range.

I can see maybe a separate 3 row C product for Europe and China, but I don't see the need for it in NA-If anything the Ecosport replacement should be made in Mexico. The Puma would be a good replacement, but doesn't look like we are getting that here NA at least for now. 

Not if it's a smaller C product that'll effectively replace the EcoSport?

44 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Right.  So it wouldn't be a Bronco Scout pickup, it'd be a Bronco __(name of other SUV model)___ pickup.

Bronco Patrol?

Bronco Prospector sounds kinda cool for a bigger model, but I think that's been used on other vehicles.

I am sure Nissan may have issue with the automotive related use of the name Patrol....even though they do not use that nameplate in the North American market.

3 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Not if it's a smaller C product that'll effectively replace the EcoSport?

The issue is I don't think that there would be a demand for a product like that outside of NA.

The Bronco Scout or whatever seems to have gone through quite a bit of changes over the past couple years-Short C CUV/Gen Y CUV, etc Anything that was planned before Hackett came in has been radically altered for the most part outside of the Bronco, which was already in development. 

Outside of the recent comments about an new affordable product, they haven't really said much with what they are planning for the sub C space in NA

2 hours ago, rmc523 said:

I'm guessing we'll see Bronco at the new NAIAS show next June.  That'll allow them to achieve their "2020" date, while still being on the timeline we seem to have figured out.  And maybe baby Bronco is this coming LA or something?

Your guess is my guess too. Bronco at Detroit in June 2020 and Bronco Scout in LA. Ford did say that the 'baby Bronco' would be in production 6 months after the Escape. So if Escape goes into production around September or so (correct me if I'm wrong) then guess around this time of next year for baby Bronco to go on sale. So it would have to be LA this November.

Edited by pffan1990

6 minutes ago, pffan1990 said:

Your guess is my guess too. Bronco at Detroit in June 2020 and Bronco Scout in LA. Ford did say that the 'baby Bronco' would be in production 6 months after the Escape. So if Escape goes into production around September or so (correct me if I'm wrong) then guess around this time of next year for baby Bronco to go on sale. So it would have to be LA this November.

Escape begins production in August 

• Like 2

International, i.e. Navistar, is alive and well. But they stopped making light duty trucks in 1981. The tractor portion of International Harvestor is now part of Case IH. Incidentally, Case IH makes a four wheeler utility vehicle called the Scout. That shouldn't affect Ford's trademark application, however.

https://www.caseih.com/northamerica/en-us/products/utv/case-ih-utility-vehicles

Edited by AGR

4 hours ago, mackinaw said:

Navistar is a shadow of its former International Harvester self.  Downsized and spun-off.  Not at all like the IH most of us grew up wth.

But it didn't go away, it's still a major player in medium and heavy duty trucks in the North American market.