“BRONCO SCOUT” TRADEMARKED BY FORD

15 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I'm not 100% sure either, but there's 6. 4 Bronco and 2 Scout. 

Well, the way Ford tends to count "unique" trims (or sometimes powertrains) as unique models, here's what I'm thinking:

1. Bronco 2-door

2. Bronco 4-door

3. Bronco "Timberline" (Bronco's "Raptor" if they don't want to use the Raptor name)

4. ? (Bronco product - Raptor?)

5. Bronco Scout

6. Bronco Scout "Timberline"?

• Like 1

Just now, rmc523 said:

Well, the way Ford tends to count "unique" trims (or sometimes powertrains) as unique models, here's what I'm thinking:

1. Bronco 2-door

2. Bronco 4-door

3. Bronco "Timberline" (Bronco's "Raptor" if they don't want to use the Raptor name)

5. Bronco Scout

You forgot the unibody trucklet.

1 minute ago, akirby said:

You forgot the unibody trucklet.

From what I've understood in reading everything, I've been under the impression the trucklet is based on a separate crossover, not Bronco Scout.

Edited by rmc523

13 hours ago, probowler said:

Bronco - Raptor,  Raptor - Bronco... doesn't work IMO because you're combing two different animals, you know?

The names are so distinctive that it just feels weird putting them together, even if Bronco is just the Big Brand name.... but I could just be crazy.

A Bronco product won't wear a Raptor badge. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

1. Bronco 2-door

2. Bronco 4-door

5. Bronco Scout

I can also stir the pot, and throw in the Bronco Hybrid back in for #4 haha :stirpot:

2 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

From what I've understood in reading everything, I've been under the impression the trucklet is based on a separate crossover, not Bronco Scout.

It’s based on the same C platform and will be off road capable.  That’s all we know right now.

4 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

That doesn't necessarily mean it falls under the Bronco umbrella, though.

It should if it’s going to be off road capable and built on the same platform as Bronco Scout.  That seems to be the whole idea of a Bronco sub brand.

16 minutes ago, akirby said:

It should if it’s going to be off road capable and built on the same platform as Bronco Scout.  That seems to be the whole idea of a Bronco sub brand.

I mean, it's all a "c" platform, including Escape.  And depends on what "off road capable" means.  Escape is "off road capable" too.

13 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

I mean, it's all a "c" platform, including Escape.  And depends on what "off road capable" means.  Escape is "off road capable" too.

I don't remember who made the statement but the way it was worded made it sound like it would be a trucklet version of the Bronco Scout with the same type of off road capability and styling.  If that's the case then it should go with the Bronco sub brand, but I guess we don't really know for sure yet.

16 minutes ago, akirby said:

I don't remember who made the statement but the way it was worded made it sound like it would be a trucklet version of the Bronco Scout with the same type of off road capability and styling.  If that's the case then it should go with the Bronco sub brand, but I guess we don't really know for sure yet.

I'll have to do a chop of it just to see how it looks.

4 hours ago, rmc523 said:

1. Bronco 2-door

2. Bronco 4-door

5. Bronco Scout

I had made a similar list on the previous page. I had the Timberline as the rock crawling off roader and the Raptor (or whatever it will be called) for a high speed Baja-style off roader along with Bronco 2-door and 4-door. Then the Bronco Scout and Bronco Scout-based small pickup.

7 minutes ago, pffan1990 said:

I had made a similar list on the previous page. I had the Timberline as the rock crawling off roader and the Raptor (or whatever it will be called) for a high speed Baja-style off roader along with Bronco 2-door and 4-door. Then the Bronco Scout and Bronco Scout-based small pickup.

Yup, I saw it.  I used yours as a starting point and modified it.

38 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Yup, I saw it.  I used yours as a starting point and modified it.

Oh okay. Didn't know you saw it. Sometimes the thread posts get so busy that I miss some posts and have to go back to catch up. Your list was so similar that I thought the coincidence was interesting and wondered if you saw it. But it makes sense now since you used it as a starting point. I do think ours may be correct except that Raptor will not be used. There was 'Max FX4' recently trademarked but I do think it was later said to be used only for Super Duty trucks later on (2020??).

2 minutes ago, pffan1990 said:

Oh okay. Didn't know you saw it. Sometimes the thread posts get so busy that I miss some posts and have to go back to catch up. Your list was so similar that I thought the coincidence was interesting and wondered if you saw it. But it makes sense now since you used it as a starting point. I do think ours may be correct except that Raptor will not be used. There was 'Max FX4' recently trademarked but I do think it was later said to be used only for Super Duty trucks later on (2020??).

Max FX4 sounds stupid, IMO.

Though there is an Expedition Max.  Could it just be for an FX4 version of Expedition Max?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, fordmantpw said:

That top middle picture is almost as ugly as the Gladiator.  The proportions just look all out of whack with that tiny bed.

If anything the C pickup should share its wheelbase with the transit connect, so it won’t look that wonky. 

2 minutes ago, 92merc said:

I would much rather buy a Bronco looking C based pickup than one that looks like the Escape.

I think it's a given that it will share styling with Scout since it's supposed to be an off roader.