44 minutes ago, akirby said:

Bronco sub brand with 5 vehicles:

Bronco

Bronco Raptor

Bronco Ranger

Bronco Scout

Bronco Ranchero?

You have 2 correct for sure ;) 

I don't know if the Raptor name will be used for the Bronco but I've been told they are working on something that would definitely be worthy of the name. 

16 minutes ago, akirby said:

I was thinking Bronco Raptor would be the F150 Raptor renamed to fit the Bronco sub brand.   If Bronco is going to be off road centered you'd think it would include Raptor somehow.

F150, Ranger, Bronco, Scout and Trucklet.

Remember a few months ago jpd mentioned a hardcore off-road version, I just recently was told this is still happening. This is what I interpret as the Bronco "Raptor" though it might not get the Raptor name. 

1 minute ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Remember a few months ago jpd mentioned a hardcore off-road version, I just recently was told this is still happening. This is what I interpret as the Bronco "Raptor" though it might not get the Raptor name. 

So more of a rock crawler than a desert racer?  Got it.

1 hour ago, akirby said:

I was thinking Bronco Raptor would be the F150 Raptor renamed to fit the Bronco sub brand.   If Bronco is going to be off road centered you'd think it would include Raptor somehow.

F150, Ranger, Bronco, Scout and Trucklet.

Well that wouldn't make any sense to throw out the F-150 name on an otherwise unrelated product.

Any Bronco Raptor would be a Raptor version of the Bronco itself, not it's own model name.

12 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Well that wouldn't make any sense to throw out the F-150 name on an otherwise unrelated product.

Any Bronco Raptor would be a Raptor version of the Bronco itself, not it's own model name.

You missed the part about Bronco becoming a sub brand with 5 different vehicles.

51 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

No I didn't miss that.

Raptor is a trim line, not a vehicle name itself (F-150 Raptor, Ranger Raptor, etc.).

Ok, F150 Bronco.   The point is there should be a Bronco variant of F150 and Ranger in addition to Bronco, Scout and the Trucklet.  So what is the 6th one?  Unless it’s something new we haven’t seen mentioned yet, I think Expedition is most likely since it can share the f150 parts. 

2 minutes ago, akirby said:

Ok, F150 Bronco.   The point is there should be a Bronco variant of F150 and Ranger in addition to Bronco, Scout and the Trucklet.  So what is the 6th one?  Unless it’s something new we haven’t seen mentioned yet, I think Expedition is most likely since it can share the f150 parts. 

You’re thinking about this all wrong 

19 minutes ago, akirby said:

I hope you are wrong. 

2 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I recall the 'Timberline' and 'Max FX4' having been trademarked some time ago, so perhaps one of these two names would be used instead of Raptor for Bronco off road version. The Max FX4 would make sense to me instead of Timberline.

1 hour ago, akirby said:

You missed the part about Bronco becoming a sub brand with 5 different vehicles.

I'm confused, what point did Ford announced Bronco becoming a sub brand with five vehicles (or 6 as fuzzy said)? I know the Bronco (Ranger-based) and Bronco Scout (formerly thought as Maverick). Ford did say small sub-brand-of-sorts of off roading vehicles but I don't recall specifically five or six. I figured Bronco, Bronco Scout, and the small utility and pickup.

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I trust you as you know the inside info but trying to wrap my brain how they are going to do this regarding the Bronco sub-branding. I really hope they won't screw up the naming system as well as the traditional Bronco vehicle itself (though it will feature both 2 doors and 4 doors and the have the roof and rear hatch door thing you mentioned but yet can't mentioned). I guess it will make sense when they officially announce the plans and reveal the vehicles later on. But they better do some creative marketing with clever ads to explain the sub-branding to make sense of it all. Clever like the recent Built Ford Proud ads.

Edited by pffan1990

16 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I'm not 100% sure either, but there's 6. 4 Bronco and 2 Scout. 

Ah, that makes sense. Now I'm thinking along the lines of:

1. Bronco 2-door
2. Bronco 4-door
3. Bronco Raptor (whatever it may be called but off-road capable; high speed)
4. Bronco Timberline ??? (whatever it may be called but off-road capable; slow rock crawling)
5. Bronco Scout 4-door utility
6. Bronco Scout 4-door pickup

Bronco - Raptor,  Raptor - Bronco... doesn't work IMO because you're combing two different animals, you know?

The names are so distinctive that it just feels weird putting them together, even if Bronco is just the Big Brand name.... but I could just be crazy.

12 hours ago, akirby said:

Ok, so Scout and Scout trucklet.   Bronco 2 door and 4 door.  Bronco truck?

12 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Bronco truck is not a thing. I hate that that is taking off like it is ?

Bronco BEV, based on the Rivian skateboard platform? ?

I bet the Bronco truck is going to be rumored just as long as the Wrangler pickup was-like you, I don't see a need for it with the Ranger-doesn't really add anything to the lineup.

I do kinda hope the new trucklet does use the Scout front end on it though. 

16 hours ago, akirby said:

Bronco isn't a trim line either.

• Like 1