“BRONCO SCOUT” TRADEMARKED BY FORD

4 minutes ago, Ovaltine said:

Being a child of the 1970's, and like a '72 Nova SS is to the name 'Nova', this picture is what I forever will see in my mind when I read the words "Ford Maverick"!

-Ovaltine

And here's that '72 Nova "image" I was referring to....

APg6D9M.jpg

Edited by Ovaltine

On 4/23/2019 at 1:33 AM, rmc523 said:

According to this news, the Bronco Scout IS what we've been calling Maverick, which is the Escape-based boxy model to compete with Cherokee.

It also gives Ford a neat sub-brand of up to five or six vehicles linked by the Bronco name.......

I wonder if the compact pick up now becomes Maverick instead of say, Courier (reserved for another  global vehicle) .

9 hours ago, jpd80 said:

It also gives Ford a neat sub-brand of up to five or six vehicles linked by the Bronco name.......

I wonder if the compact pick up now becomes Maverick instead of say, Courier (reserved for another  global vehicle) .

Well, if the Maverick name didn't test well, not sure they'd use it at all.  Unless the results had a lot of "I see Maverick name fitting better on a smaller product" sort of response.

All else equal, I prefer "maverick" to "bronco scout." That said, if they're attempting to make Bronco a brand-within-a-brand it's a pretty decent option and I much prefer it to "bronco II" or something like that.

Maybe the Maverick name will end up appearing on the new "affordable nameplate."

23 minutes ago, Moosetang said:

That said, if they're attempting to make Bronco a brand-within-a-brand 

Without delving too deep into detail because I can't, that is basically what they’re trying to do. There's very exciting things happening with it I really wish I could share. 

• Like 2
  • Angry 1

I just had a few thoughts:

I think I read they also trademarked the name (just) "Scout".  Could we be looking at:

Bronco (proper) - midsize

Bronco Scout - compact (former Maverick)

Scout - subcompact

So Bronco Scout combines the names of the two?  

But I guess that wouldn't allow that product to fall under the Bronco umbrella.

Ford never pitched the old Maverick with a performance package, as the Nova SS or Duster 340/360. The Grabber was a décor package, and the 302 offered was only a 2bbl version. Was mainly a 'budget compact', and the 4 door, with Luxury Décor Option [LDO], was promoted during gas crisis to middle age buyers looking to downsize, leading to the Granada.

Only lately, has there been interest in resto-mod Mavericks. And mainly since vintage Mustangs cost more, and who wants to butcher a mint original one?

41 minutes ago, 630land said:

Ford never pitched the old Maverick with a performance package, as the Nova SS or Duster 340/360. The Grabber was a décor package, and the 302 offered was only a 2bbl version. Was mainly a 'budget compact', and the 4 door, with Luxury Décor Option [LDO], was promoted during gas crisis to middle age buyers looking to downsize, leading to the Granada.

Only lately, has there been interest in resto-mod Mavericks. And mainly since vintage Mustangs cost more, and who wants to butcher a mint original one?

Nice information page here on the "Grabber" line.....

https://www.hemmings.com/blog/article/1971-75-ford-maverick-grabber-2/ 

1 hour ago, rmc523 said:

I just had a few thoughts:

I think I read they also trademarked the name (just) "Scout".  Could we be looking at:

Bronco (proper) - midsize

Bronco Scout - compact (former Maverick)

Scout - subcompact

So Bronco Scout combines the names of the two?  

But I guess that wouldn't allow that product to fall under the Bronco umbrella.

I do like the name of just Ford Scout, but I wonder how Scout alone would play out with the general public-I thought the Maverick name was perfect IMO, but guess not.

The other thing to consider is that the new small pickup might be part of the Bronco lineup-it would slot in perfectly with active adult crowd that doesn't need a true off roader. 

Bronco Pickup or something along those lines?

25 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

I do like the name of just Ford Scout, but I wonder how Scout alone would play out with the general public-I thought the Maverick name was perfect IMO, but guess not.

The other thing to consider is that the new small pickup might be part of the Bronco lineup-it would slot in perfectly with active adult crowd that doesn't need a true off roader. 

Bronco Pickup or something along those lines?

Bronco Buggy  haha.

54 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

No. Would be redundant with Ranger around anyway. 

Not really if you make the Bronco Pickup have a removable roof, doors, etc. like the Bronco.

I'm not saying it's a good idea, just not redundant.  Two top hats, two distinctly different trucks.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, fordmantpw said:

Not really if you make the Bronco Pickup have a removable roof, doors, etc. like the Bronco.

I'm not saying it's a good idea, just not redundant.  Two top hats, two distinctly different trucks.

At any rate it's probably not happening 

Once you all see what is happening you won't complain at all and if you do there's no hope for you 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Once you all see what is happening you won't complain at all and if you do there's no hope for you 

Yet you and others still complain endlessly about Hackett.   This type of stuff would not have happened under Fields (and maybe not under Mulally).

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

At any rate it's probably not happening 

I know you likely can't say, but do you know exactly when Ford's plans for the Bronco and the Bronco Scout (whatever it'll be called) will be announced to the public? As well as the official unveiling of the two off roaders? Just wondering if you know the timeline of when they'll be announced/revealed. Just counting down the days until then. I know you cannot comment on the plans themselves as well as other details.