“BRONCO SCOUT” TRADEMARKED BY FORD

2 minutes ago, twintornados said:

Ok, so what is going to compete with Renegade which is slotted in under Cherokee?

Maybe it'll be Maverick?  Dunno!

Sounds like we may not be getting Puma.  I think we'll certainly be getting something other than EcoSport at some point.

1 minute ago, rmc523 said:

Sounds like we may not be getting Puma.  I think we'll certainly be getting something other than EcoSport at some point.

My point exactly...With Bronco competing with Wrangler and Bronco Scout competing with Cherokee, what will compete with Renegade? That is presuming Ford has a "Compete with every Jeep mantra." 

1 minute ago, rmc523 said:

There is the Mexican-made small utility and small pickup coming in a few years. Maybe this new small utility will have the Maverick name and be used to replace EcoSport. Sadly looks like we are not getting the Puma but don't see why not. The Puma could be sporty soft going crossover while this utility could be the smaller rough boxier one (just guessing here; not yet confirmed by Ford). Not sure of the small pickup but I hope the Ranchero name will not be used as it should be a rear driven small pickup if they make one. I'd be fine with Courier for the small pickup name.

2 minutes ago, twintornados said:

My point exactly...With Bronco competing with Wrangler and Bronco Scout competing with Cherokee, what will compete with Renegade? That is presuming Ford has a "Compete with every Jeep mantra." 

There's something coming.  We just don't know exactly what.

2 minutes ago, pffan1990 said:

There is the Mexican-made small utility and small pickup coming in a few years. Maybe this new small utility will have the Maverick name and be used to replace EcoSport. Sadly looks like we are not getting the Puma but don't see why not. The Puma could be sporty soft going crossover while this utility could be the smaller rough boxier one (just guessing here; not yet confirmed by Ford). Not sure of the small pickup but I hope the Ranchero name will not be used as it should be a rear driven small pickup if they make one. I'd be fine with Courier for the small pickup name.

Yeah, who knows.  Maybe we're getting both.  And for that matter, the mexican built one could be the Puma.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, twintornados said:

That is presuming Ford has a "Compete with every Jeep mantra." 

Yeah, they don't... Jeep is only a small part of the equation and that's solely where the Bronco name will be pointed at, hence why the Maverick name was changed to Bronco Scout. I could get into more detail but I really can't with this one. 

But more to the point, it makes sense for Ford to develop a sub brand like Jeep or Range Rover, so when people hear Bronco this or that they think rugged with serious off-road chops.

People don't think "Land Rover Range Rover Sport" (the actual full name of the SUV), they just think of the Range Rover sub brand.

2 hours ago, twintornados said:

Ford already told us it will be called Puma

EcoSport <--> upcoming A-segment Jeep based on Fiat Panda

Puma <--> Renegade

Bronco Scout <--> Compass

Escape <--> Cherokee

Bronco <--> Wrangler

Edge <--> Grand Cherokee

Edge 7 seat <--> Jeep Grand Comander

Explorer <--> upcoming 3 row Grand Cherokee (the Jeep version of Dodge Durango)

Expedition <--> upcoming Ram based Grand Wagoneer

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pffan1990 said:

The thing is that the Bronco Scout or Scout is going to be the Utility built in Mexico-

At least this is what I'm seeing:

Hermosillo- C-sized Pickup and Transit Connect in 2022

Cuautitlán Assembly-Mach E/Mustang Mach E and Bronco Scout/Scout later this year

So far we haven't heard anything about a replacement for the EcoSport for North America or if the Puma is actually coming here either.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, silvrsvt said:

The thing is that the Bronco Scout or Scout is going to be the Utility built in Mexico-

At least this is what I'm seeing:

Hermosillo- C-sized Pickup and Transit Connect in 2022

Cuautitlán Assembly-Mach E/Mustang Mach E and Bronco Scout/Scout later this year

So far we haven't heard anything about a replacement for the EcoSport for North America or if the Puma is actually coming here either.

Would this not be built alongside other c-sized products?

There has been no confirmation where Ford will build Scout. Cuautitlan is an informed speculation based on the fact that Fiesta is ending so timing seems right, plus we suspect Louisville will not have the capacity to make Escape, Corsair and Scout.

Navistar and scout light line own the scout name...i doubt u see a BRONCHO Scout....i give ford credit here.....just putting scout out there alongside BRONCHO has seriously driven up interest........BRONCHO WAS IH'S name for bronco in 1964.....it rhymes with rauncho.....evidently inside IH it was refered to as BRONCHO for quite a few years...and that is some legit historical trivia from one of the scout forums

11 hours ago, bzcat said:

There has been no confirmation where Ford will build Scout. Cuautitlan is an informed speculation based on the fact that Fiesta is ending so timing seems right, plus we suspect Louisville will not have the capacity to make Escape, Corsair and Scout.

Unless there has been a dramatic shift in production plans in the last few months, consider this confirmed.