“BRONCO SCOUT” TRADEMARKED BY FORD

I LOVE this name, if this is indeed the name of the smaller/cheaper/more civilized “Baby Bronco.” The name isn’t a dreaded alpha-numeric addition (exp: Bronco XS) or the meaningless ‘Sport.’ To me the name fits with an outdoorsy theme, and sounds fun, adventurous, and optimistic. It’s not in your face, trendy, or obnoxious. Plus, it’s a name you can say in isolation. 

“What do you drive?”

”A Scout.”

”What kind of car is that?”

”It’s a Ford SUV. It’s the brother of the Bronco. Bronco Scout.”

Well done, Ford!

• Like 2

Better than bronc wrangler....heep owners would have come unhinged......as a true scout owner i find this somewhat  interesting....scout always was the better choice back then though....bronc never had axles worth a crap until 77 and both those brands did rust at the same rapid pace....2 winters and they were about gone in the salt belts 

Edited by snooter

4 hours ago, Jqa1824 said:

I LOVE this name, if this is indeed the name of the smaller/cheaper/more civilized “Baby Bronco.” The name isn’t a dreaded alpha-numeric addition (exp: Bronco XS) or the meaningless ‘Sport.’ To me the name fits with an outdoorsy theme, and sounds fun, adventurous, and optimistic. It’s not in your face, trendy, or obnoxious. Plus, it’s a name you can say in isolation. 

“What do you drive?”

”A Scout.”

”What kind of car is that?”

”It’s a Ford SUV. It’s the brother of the Bronco. Bronco Scout.”

Well done, Ford!

I agree too. I did like the Maverick name for the Baby Bronco but Bronco Scout or Scout sounds good. It's part of the off roading brand without degrading the Bronco name in itself. I also agree with the alpha-numeric you mentioned as Bronco XS or even Bronco III. The Scout or Bronco Scout is good enough for me. Maverick can be used for one of the upcoming rear drive CD6 white space vehicles seeing how they already trademarked the Maverick name. But even then, Maverick is a good name too though.

10 hours ago, pffan1990 said:

I agree too. I did like the Maverick name for the Baby Bronco but Bronco Scout or Scout sounds good. It's part of the off roading brand without degrading the Bronco name in itself. I also agree with the alpha-numeric you mentioned as Bronco XS or even Bronco III. The Scout or Bronco Scout is good enough for me. Maverick can be used for one of the upcoming rear drive CD6 white space vehicles seeing how they already trademarked the Maverick name. But even then, Maverick is a good name too though.

These are also Mavericks:

Ford_Maverick_front_20071231.jpg

Ford_Maverick.JPG

1600px-1988_Ford_Maverick_as_sold_in_Aus

3 hours ago, ausrutherford said:

These are also Mavericks:

Yeah I was already aware of the first one and the second one (third was was new to me) being Mavericks which I would have no problem with that name attached to the Baby Bronco as I said in the last sentence that the name would be fine and still good. I just like the Scout and Bronco Scout but it is possible that they're just trademarking names as backup as well as possible trimlines too though.

18 minutes ago, twintornados said:

Bronco to compete with this..
Related image

Bronco Scout to compete with this..
Image result for jeep cherokee 2019

Maverick to compete with this..

Image result for jeep renegade 2019

Not based on anything other than my own personal opinion of Ford building a lineup of vehicles to directly compete with Jeep.

You’re right about the Bronco obviously but the Bronco Scout is in the wrong place ;)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

You’re right about the Bronco obviously but the Bronco Scout is in the wrong place ;)

.....just sheer speculation on my part and I would agree with Bronco Scout and Maverick "flip-flopping" in my original post...Maverick nameplate would make for a good Cherokee competitor...and Bronco Scout being akin to a small reconnaissance vehicle. I'll go back and fix my post to reflect that..oops, never mind..too late to edit it.

Edited by twintornados

24 minutes ago, twintornados said:

I am predicting two distinct vehicles...

Can't fix the incorrect word, edit time expired...

16 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

You’re right. Bronco Scout (what we've been calling Maverick) and Escape 

I personally believe that there will also be a "square shouldered" version of Escape and that will have "Bronco-esque" styling with the Maverick name...

Edited by twintornados

5 minutes ago, twintornados said:

I personally believe that there will also be a "square shouldered" version of Escape and that will have "Bronco-esque" styling with the Maverick name...

I don't understand.   That's what the Bronco Scout is...

9 minutes ago, twintornados said:

Nope, the name changed from Maverick to Bronco Scout pretty recently. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

I don't understand.   That's what the Bronco Scout is...

If you look at the Jeep line up....Bronco will compete with Wrangler...that leaves Cherokee and Renegade. Bronco Scout can compete with Renegade, but Escape and Cherokee are aimed at two different demographics....an Escape based Maverick with more aggressive "square shouldered" styling would compete directly with Cherokee...Since Grand Cherokee is styled more like Explorer, no variant would be needed...again...all of this is sheer speculation on my part based on nothing other than consumer observations...

18 minutes ago, twintornados said:

If you look at the Jeep line up....Bronco will compete with Wrangler...that leaves Cherokee and Renegade. Bronco Scout can compete with Renegade, but Escape and Cherokee are aimed at two different demographics....an Escape based Maverick with more aggressive "square shouldered" styling would compete directly with Cherokee...Since Grand Cherokee is styled more like Explorer, no variant would be needed...again...all of this is sheer speculation on my part based on nothing other than consumer observations...

According to this news, the Bronco Scout IS what we've been calling Maverick, which is the Escape-based boxy model to compete with Cherokee.

Edited by rmc523