Rivian pickup walk around

MY93SHO

If true, great range with the expanded battery pack (what did he say, over 400 miles?). In most conditions it will likely be less, but even at half range still more than 200 miles. Great storage.

OTOH, base truck starts at $70,000. Fully equipped probably touching 100k.

18 minutes ago, Anthony said:

Makes you wonder what the all electric F series is going to cost. 

My guess: not much more than an F150 with the 3.0L PowerStroke.  Ford has economies of scale with the F150, two plants churning them out, and it will spread the (non-electric portion) engineering costs out over 400k vehicles.  This brings the costs way down for the rest of the vehicle.

Personally, I'd love to have a PHEV F350 with the 7.3L gasser.  It would be great for my commute to work (50+ miles each way, with free charging at work) and would be great pulling the fiver.  Not to mention, I plug it in at the campground for more free electricity.  It would be hard to trade out of my PowerStroke though...

• Like 1

On 4/20/2019 at 12:04 PM, fordmantpw said:

My guess: not much more than an F150 with the 3.0L PowerStroke.  Ford has economies of scale with the F150, two plants churning them out, and it will spread the (non-electric portion) engineering costs out over 400k vehicles.  This brings the costs way down for the rest of the vehicle.

I'm sure that there will be alot shared between the two, but at the same time early reports are indicating that the BEV F-150 will have a skateboard type frame for the battery packs, which would be different then the ICE/BEV F-150-unless Ford is doing something completely different. 

I also don't think Ford is going to give anyone an inch when it comes to the full sized pickup market either, since they more or less own it and its their bread and butter. I bet we see something in the next 12 months from them. 

• Like 1

On 4/20/2019 at 8:23 AM, Gurgeh said:

If true, great range with the expanded battery pack (what did he say, over 400 miles?). In most conditions it will likely be less, but even at half range still more than 200 miles. Great storage.

OTOH, base truck starts at $70,000. Fully equipped probably touching 100k.

Front end is ugly.  

• Like 1

On 4/22/2019 at 9:18 AM, silvrsvt said:

I also don't think Ford is going to give anyone an inch when it comes to the full sized pickup market either, since they more or less own it and its their bread and butter. I bet we see something in the next 12 months from them. 

Didn't have to wait that long-48 hours later Ford is investing in Rivian ?