New Facebook Pages

Ford Mach E

Ford Thunder

• Custom Search

Sign in to follow this  
Naut2go

Has anybody gotten the Ceramic Coating done?

I am considering Ceramic coating for my Nautilus I ordered....Just wondering if it is worth the money..

On 4/18/2019 at 10:10 AM, Naut2go said:

I am considering Ceramic coating for my Nautilus I ordered....Just wondering if it is worth the money..

Yes, I got gtechniq and while it was expensive for the initial install it has made a huge difference in keeping the vehicle clean.  It’s extremely hydrophobic do regular washing is super easy and any bugs are junk on the vehicle come off with very little agitation.  I have it on the windshield and the wheels as well... having the turbine style wheels with the coating is worth it alone as it makes cleaning them massively easier.  It has to have a yearly application but I have it done when I have my annual full detail so it’s no big deal.  I would do it again.  This is also a very polarizing topic so expect some differing opinions.

On 5/10/2019 at 11:19 AM, boredinbirmingham said:

Yes, I got gtechniq and while it was expensive for the initial install it has made a huge difference in keeping the vehicle clean.  It’s extremely hydrophobic do regular washing is super easy and any bugs are junk on the vehicle come off with very little agitation.  I have it on the windshield and the wheels as well... having the turbine style wheels with the coating is worth it alone as it makes cleaning them massively easier.  It has to have a yearly application but I have it done when I have my annual full detail so it’s no big deal.  I would do it again.  This is also a very polarizing topic so expect some differing opinions.

How much did it cost for the body + windshield + wheels for you? 

Did the shop have your vehicle for a long time? 

On 5/10/2019 at 11:19 AM, boredinbirmingham said:

It definitely works as advertised and does make cleaning easier.  The question is whether it’s worth the cost.  I don’t even wax my cars any more and after almost 7 years my Ruby Red Fusion looked brand new.  Then again I don’t wash my own vehicles either - I use the car wash.

17 hours ago, potatosalad said:

How much did it cost for the body + windshield + wheels for you? 

Did the shop have your vehicle for a long time? 

I don’t exactly remember as this was two years ago but it was just at $3k for full paint correction and detail,  the entire coating, some clear bra applied to the door sills and running boards and around the back bumper, and some interior protection stuff.  Also, it’s not an in and out process because the initial application needs to cure for 24 hours so the guy had my car for 3 days.  There are other products out there so they may not all be like that.  I know Madesto coatings cure under some type of special light so it may be quicker but I don’t know. 

Good luck.

8 hours ago, akirby said:

It definitely works as advertised and does make cleaning easier.  The question is whether it’s worth the cost.  I don’t even wax my cars any more and after almost 7 years my Ruby Red Fusion looked brand new.  Then again I don’t wash my own vehicles either - I use the car wash.

I’ve yet to take this vehicle through the machine.  I took my Fusions through when I still got company cars and they did ok.  These turbine wheels on the Navigator would probably laugh at any attempt in cleaning that didn’t involved multiple brush tools and some swearing.  I got the Ingot Silver so it’s not too bad on showing dirt and with a foam canon cleaning isn’t bad, I actually enjoy it... for now.  I also obsess over silly things like missed areas from poor car washing and water spots so I stick to the occasional wash.