'20 Lincoln Corsair Officially Debuts

On 4/19/2019 at 3:46 PM, rmc523 said:

I think Ford has recently said it'd like Lincoln dealers to again become standalone.  Which is ironic given they had them merge with Ford dealers years ago.

Hopefully we'll see that happen over time.

About 10 years ago, my dealer had both a Ford and a Lincoln store. The Lincoln store also sold Volvo and the Ford store sold Ford,Mercury and Lincoln. I think it was easier when I could view all on 1 lot and move either up or down models instead of driving back & forth between dealers locations to compare. I liked shopping at the Ford location and was looking at the Edge in 07, but it didn't offer cooled seats then, so I bought the MKX. They still have both locations, but sell only Ford at one and only Lincoln at the other. I'm not sure if I could go into the Ford location and ask to buy a Lincoln today. It was still possible in late 2012 when I bought an MKT at the Ford location, quite some time after they moved all of the Lincolns from there.

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 8:30 AM, Gurgeh said:

We sometimes forget how seriously rough those times were. My Lincoln dealership was a family owned Lincoln-Mercury dealer, still is (oddly, its official corporate name remains "East West Lincoln Mercury"), not too far from a Ford dealership. When Mercury went away they decided not to sell out and made a go of it as Lincoln only. It was a couple tough years but they pulled though and are doing great business today. If there were any other solo Lincoln-Mercury stores in the DC metro area at the time, they either died or merged with a Ford dealership.

When Mercury went away, Lincoln dealers lost half their sales volume, and much of their service/repair. The dealer near me had prime real estate, and that made the decision easier for them.

Now, the only one close is a combined dealership, which has a terrible parking issue.

14 hours ago, MKX1960 said:

About 10 years ago, my dealer had both a Ford and a Lincoln store. The Lincoln store also sold Volvo and the Ford store sold Ford,Mercury and Lincoln. I think it was easier when I could view all on 1 lot and move either up or down models instead of driving back & forth between dealers locations to compare. I liked shopping at the Ford location and was looking at the Edge in 07, but it didn't offer cooled seats then, so I bought the MKX. They still have both locations, but sell only Ford at one and only Lincoln at the other. I'm not sure if I could go into the Ford location and ask to buy a Lincoln today. It was still possible in late 2012 when I bought an MKT at the Ford location, quite some time after they moved all of the Lincolns from there.

It also may depend on whether that dealer is part of a dealer group.  If they're part of a bigger company that also has a Lincoln dealer under its umbrella, they'd probably be able to work something out.

On 4/29/2019 at 11:37 AM, rmc523 said:

It also may depend on whether that dealer is part of a dealer group.  If they're part of a bigger company that also has a Lincoln dealer under its umbrella, they'd probably be able to work something out.

I got my question answered from my salesman yesterday. He can sell Lincoln and right now, he's on his way to Texas to deliver a $104k Navigator to a customer. I went in to buy an Edge ST and he let me drive a sold one from the Ford location up to the Lincoln location for the customer to pick it up. I liked it and bought one.

As far as the Lincoln store, one thing I noticed that I never noticed before is the amount of foot traffic there. It was very busy and they had a good selection of vehicles in stock. It seems that interest in Lincoln has picked up.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Like I said earlier in the thread, this is the best lineup Lincoln has had in my lifetime, and once the Aviator and Corsair is on lots it's only getting better. 

I'm seeing a lot of new Navigators.  I'm excited to see how Aviator does.