'20 Lincoln Corsair Officially Debuts

9 minutes ago, bzcat said:

Not sure why Ford is being coy about PHEV. They already filed all the paperwork with NHTSA. It is the same 2.5 PHEV setup as Escape but with AWD (Escape is FWD only)

Well apparently it'll be arriving about 6 months after the regular version, so they're likely waiting to announce it to generate more buzz closer to launch of both of them.

2 minutes ago, twintornados said:

For starters, a less intrusive center console...it's like the Great Wall of China running down the center of the front seats

Well, Ford's MO of late has been to largely ignore the interior on refreshes.

10 minutes ago, bzcat said:

Not sure why Ford is being coy about PHEV. They already filed all the paperwork with NHTSA. It is the same 2.5 PHEV setup as Escape but with AWD (Escape is FWD only)

Probably waiting until closer to when it launches  to keep it in the minds of the press and public 

7 minutes ago, twintornados said:

For starters, a less intrusive center console...it's like the Great Wall of China running down the center of the front seats

That was one of the features that made us favor the MKX over the Edge (along with the seats and Revel Audio).

2 minutes ago, twintornados said:

I don't mind it too much. It just looks old, especially compared to Lincoln's new interiors. I mean, styling wise all models except the all most dead MKT have the new design language. Since 2017 we got a complete new Continental,  a refreshed MKZ, a completely redesigned Navigator,  a refreshed Nautilus, a completely new Aviator, and completely new Corsair. Think about that for a second. In 4 model years, the majority of the Lincoln lineup have had ground up redesigns.  I get the gripe about the Nautilus  but it just didn't get done. A new will be out soon enough. 

2 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

I don't mind it too much. It just looks old, especially compared to Lincoln's new interiors. I mean, styling wise all models except the all most dead MKT have the new design language. Since 2017 we got a complete new Continental,  a refreshed MKZ, a completely redesigned Navigator,  a refreshed Nautilus, a completely new Aviator, and completely new Corsair. Think about that for a second. In 4 model years, the majority of the Lincoln lineup have had ground up redesigns.  I get the gripe about the Nautilus  but it just didn't get done. A new will be out soon enough. 

I agree. This is the strongest lineup Lincoln has had in my lifetime. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, RadicalX said:

It would be nice to Lincoln to make a CUV rival of GLA, X1, Q3 and UX

Ugh, not another CUV. Is the market getting as bored of these as I am? I guess not... I'm ready for something truly exciting. I'm definitely looking forward to their EV and maybe a whitespace vehicle. The continental needs to stick around too and move to the Avi platform. 

4 hours ago, rmc523 said:

It really isn't.  How about the countless articles that praise the Germans for things like "beautiful" piano black trim, and when Lincoln or Cadillac have piano black trim, it's "cheapening and doesn't belong in a luxury car".  Just like regular society and news, there's an anti-American bias for whatever reason.  America=bad; everywhere else=good.

Sure it is. There are "countless" other articles that lambaste German automakers for "cheap and horribly nasty" piano black trim, like this one. https://www.carthrottle.com/post/7-car-interior-fails-which-make-me-mad/. The case for "anti-American bias" doesn't exist. Unless you get your news from pravda.ru or something like that.

If there is any bias here, it's your own.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, akirby said:

Technically they aren't because this Escape and Corsair were developed at the same time.  They did not start with an Escape and modify it to be a Corsair.  They are distinct vehicles that share a platform.  Period.

To the average customer, that is a distinction without a difference.

They are based on the same platform.

At the end of the day, what matters to paying customers (95+ percent of whom do not follow automotive blogs or websites) is that Corsair looks and feels different than the Escape. It looks very different from an Escape, and I'm sure that its  "feel" is different, too.

1 hour ago, RadicalX said:

It would be nice to Lincoln to make a CUV rival of GLA, X1, Q3 and UX

I won't be surprised if we get something eventually paired with whatever the smaller Ford model will be.

53 minutes ago, Willwll313wll said:

Ugh, not another CUV. Is the market getting as bored of these as I am? I guess not... I'm ready for something truly exciting. I'm definitely looking forward to their EV and maybe a whitespace vehicle. The continental needs to stick around too and move to the Avi platform. 

According to BORG elsewhere, another larger Ford EV and Lincoln counterpart are coming and there's speculation this could be branded as a whitespace Continental.

52 minutes ago, rperez817 said:

Sure it is. There are "countless" other articles that lambaste German automakers for "cheap and horribly nasty" piano black trim, like this one. https://www.carthrottle.com/post/7-car-interior-fails-which-make-me-mad/. The case for "anti-American bias" doesn't exist. Unless you get your news from pravda.ru or something like that.

If there is any bias here, it's your own.

It's not worth discussing further.  If you think there's no anti-American bias both car wise and more generally culturally, I have some oceanfront property in Arizona to sell you.  Back to Corsair...

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

According to BORG elsewhere, another larger Ford EV and Lincoln counterpart are coming and there's speculation this could be branded as a whitespace Continental.

So says the guy who just 2 months ago was insistent Lincoln wasn't getting its own BEV ?

I don't really like CUVs, but I do like the style the new Lincolns bring to the table (Navigator, Aviator and now Corsair... not so much Nautilus).

I saw my first Aviator on the road and it really stands out. This Corsair should do well too. The two models will probably be 2/3 of total Lincoln sales.  

2 hours ago, bzcat said:

Corsair blows the Cadillac XT4 out of the water just like Aviator sucked all the air out of the room for lame cold pizza XT6. The divergence path of the two American luxury brand is really fascinating.

What was that quote from the Caddy/GM guy about Lincoln a few years ago?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rmc523 said:

It's not worth discussing further.  If you think there's no anti-American bias both car wise and more generally culturally, I have some oceanfront property in Arizona to sell you. 

He believes a lot of things that aren’t true.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Willwll313wll said:

Now that we have the Corsair, Nauti, Avi, Navi, and Conti... What's next to debut for Lincoln?? 

1. A BEV, developed and released parallel with the Ford Mach E (or whatever they are calling it these days). This might be out next year, so a fall 2019/very early 2020 reveal is likely.

2. There was talk as well about a subcompact crossover slotting in below the Corsair, though this might be China only. Some kind of 2020 announcement likely if it comes to North America.

3. Lincoln needs to decide what to do with its sedans. I expect they will come up with one or two products to fill their space, but no one really knows what that will be -- or when.

4. And then, of course, in probably 2021 an announcement on the Nautilus redesign. Might be a 2022 model year released late 2021.

--------------

That's my guess.

• Like 2