'20 Lincoln Corsair Officially Debuts

1 hour ago, Gurgeh said:

Yeah, that sure looks like a Black Label grille, but note this from Cars.com : "And while Lincoln has decided not to offer a super-luxe Black Label edition of the Corsair (likely due to price sensitivity and wanting to maintain some exclusivity for the other concierge benefits that come with splurging on that trim level), a number of premium touches like the 24-way Perfect Position seats and the mind-blowing 14-speaker Revel audio system can still be had."

Maybe they cancelled it at the last minute because that's definitely a unique grille, wheels, and body cladding (colored like the plug-in). 

22 minutes ago, rperez817 said:

Sure they did. https://www.autoblog.com/2018/09/24/2019-audi-q3-driving-review/

Y'all can relax. "Total double standard" is only in your imagination.

It really isn't.  How about the countless articles that praise the Germans for things like "beautiful" piano black trim, and when Lincoln or Cadillac have piano black trim, it's "cheapening and doesn't belong in a luxury car".  Just like regular society and news, there's an anti-American bias for whatever reason.  America=bad; everywhere else=good.

50 minutes ago, akirby said:

I wonder if they're derating the 2.3L to make the PHEV look better.

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see what the PHEV's numbers look like.

21 minutes ago, Willwll313wll said:

Maybe they cancelled it at the last minute because that's definitely a unique grille, wheels, and body cladding (colored like the plug-in). 

Well, on Aviator, the GT models got unique grille inserts, so what we're seeing in the photos is likely the PHEV model (not a canceled BL)

The wheels, however, match Aviator's BL wheels.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, akirby said:

First sentence from Autoblog:  "Escape based luxury crossover".  They just can't help themselves.

Autoblog is technically correct...but customers don't care, as long as their friends and co-workers can't see the resemblance. Lincoln has nothing to worry about on that score with this crossover.

The new Cadillac CT5 is built on a Cadillac-exclusive platform, and does not look particularly distinctive or even luxurious. An exclusive platform is not a panacea.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

It really isn't.  How about the countless articles that praise the Germans for things like "beautiful" piano black trim, and when Lincoln or Cadillac have piano black trim, it's "cheapening and doesn't belong in a luxury car".  Just like regular society and news, there's an anti-American bias for whatever reason.  America=bad; everywhere else=good.

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see what the PHEV's numbers look like.

Well, on Aviator, the GT models got unique grille inserts, so what we're seeing in the photos is likely the PHEV model (not a canceled BL)

The wheels, however, match Aviator's BL wheels.

Naa it isn't the PHEV, and likely not a canceled BL model either after thinking again... maybe just standalone options, another package, or things we will never see make it to production (like the original MKZ quad exhaust tips I will never let go of)... for comparison with the PHEV

Lincoln-Corsair-2020-1280-02.jpg

Lincoln-Corsair-2020-1280-0b.jpgLincoln-Corsair-2020-1280-0c.jpg

Lincoln-Aviator-2020-1280-02.jpg

Lincoln-Aviator-2020-1280-03.jpg

41 minutes ago, rperez817 said:

Sure they did. https://www.autoblog.com/2018/09/24/2019-audi-q3-driving-review/

Y'all can relax. "Total double standard" is only in your imagination.

" The original Q3 hit the American market in 2015, just as the compact crossover craze was kicking off. The model was basically a Volkswagen Tiguan (itself based on the sixth-generation Volkswagen Golf) with a fresh design. It felt dated compared with the rest of Audi's lineup, since it'd already been on sale in Europe for several years before it made its way to North America. Yet the Q3 moved more than 1.1 million units worldwide over its seven-year run. Still, compared to newer and more lively products like the Volvo XC40, BMW X2 and Lexus NX, the Q3 needed a makeover."

Of course, they were referring to the outgoing model...."double standard" statement validated....by your own posting too...:lol2:

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

Why no Black Label?

I'm guessing the take rate wasn't high on it.

4 minutes ago, Willwll313wll said:

Naa it isn't the PHEV, and likely not a canceled BL model either after thinking again... maybe just standalone options, another package, or things we will never see make it to production (like the original MKZ quad exhaust tips I will never let go of)... for comparison with the PHEV

Lincoln-Corsair-2020-1280-02.jpg

Lincoln-Corsair-2020-1280-0b.jpgLincoln-Corsair-2020-1280-0c.jpg

Lincoln-Aviator-2020-1280-02.jpg

Lincoln-Aviator-2020-1280-03.jpg

That grille insert does match the BL model of Aviator, as do the wheels.

Comparing an Escape to a Corsair is about as ludicrous as comparing a Tiguan to a Q3.....

Escape and Corsair both based on Fords' C2 global architecture but with significant upgrades and changes to distinguish the Lincoln from the Ford

Similarly;

Tiguan and Q3 are both based on VW's MQB global chassis but with significant upgrades and changes to distinguish the Audi from the VW 

But, sure...they never try to diminish the Audi like they do when they refer to the Corsair as "based on the Escape"

57 minutes ago, Willwll313wll said:

It's a Reserve Appearance Package.  Basically the looks and features of Black Label without the Black Label owner perks.  More importantly it can be sold at all Lincoln dealers, not just Black Label Certified.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, grbeck said:

Autoblog is technically correct...

Technically they aren't because this Escape and Corsair were developed at the same time.  They did not start with an Escape and modify it to be a Corsair.  They are distinct vehicles that share a platform.  Period.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, akirby said:

It's an available Reserve appearance package - grille, wheels, etc.

Correct. This from the TTAC article:

The Reserve Appearance Package, a no doubt pricey option Lincoln hopes you choose, lends the Corsair a unique grille, rockers, and wheels.

31 minutes ago, akirby said:

It's a Reserve Appearance Package.  Basically the looks and features of Black Label without the Black Label owner perks.  More importantly it can be sold at all Lincoln dealers, not just Black Label Certified.

So, Black Label in everything but pre-paid car washes and annual detailing? Grille, tires, interior touches...  Might be pricey, but still probably less pricey than the full BL trim. Hmm... if this is the direction Lincoln is going, Black Label dealers who put out serious dough (including these days needing to create stand-alone Lincoln dealerships in the big metro areas) to get their designation might not be thrilled, but good for the buyer.

4 minutes ago, Gurgeh said:

So, Black Label in everything but pre-paid car washes and annual detailing? Grille, tires, interior touches...  Might be pricey, but still probably less pricey than the full BL trim. Hmm... if this is the direction Lincoln is going, Black Label dealers who put out serious dough (including these days needing to create stand-alone Lincoln dealerships in the big metro areas) to get their designation might not be thrilled, but good for the buyer.

Black Label is still an integral part of the plan for vehicle ranges that can support it. 

7 minutes ago, Gurgeh said:

I think it’s only for the lower priced (relatively speaking) Lincolns.   There are some other perks on car pickup and delivery that are still BL specific.

57 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

I'm guessing the take rate wasn't high on it.

Yeah, that's probably it. If you think about it, the Corsair will be the entry level Lincoln once the MKZ is gone (at least for a while). I don't necessarily agree with it but I am sure there would be some decent price overlap with the Nautilus and BL Corsair.

1 hour ago, akirby said:

Ah, ok, I missed that bit of news.

53 minutes ago, Gurgeh said:

I'm sure this is a Corsair and below (should smaller models appear) decision.  In these segments, buyers are more interested in price point.

34 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

Yeah, that's probably it. If you think about it, the Corsair will be the entry level Lincoln once the MKZ is gone (at least for a while). I don't necessarily agree with it but I am sure there would be some decent price overlap with the Nautilus and BL Corsair.

MKC BL tops out at $55K, while Nautilus starts at $40K, so there is a decent overlap, and you could check some good option boxes on Nautilus before you get to the 55K figure.

I will say it would've been interesting to see if take rate on a new BL model would be higher with it being an all new model, but as I said before, I'm guessing take rate for MKC BL likely didn't justify the interior changes to make in a BL model.

---

All this said, I'm guessing if the take rate for the highest trim (and appearance package) is high enough, maybe we'd see BL return in a MCE.