'20 Lincoln Corsair Officially Debuts

8 minutes ago, akirby said:

Or not.  Maybe depends on which 8 speed they use - the new joint GM version they use on the 2.0L Edge/Nautilus or the upgraded 6F55 they use on the Edge ST and Nautilus 2.7L.  The latter has issues and may actually be slower than the old 6 speed it's based on although a recent software update seems to have helped a lot.

We'll see soon enough...I have my thoughts set on a 2020 Corsair Reserve, ingot silver, beyond blue interior, and the 24 position seats....2.3L GTDI motor (Lincoln-ites do not specifically refer to the Ecoboost moniker...lol) with trailer tow package. 

Edited by twintornados

5 minutes ago, akirby said:

Wait - no hybrid?

Jraiche also said that there is a hybrid variant of some sort coming, but Lincoln isn't ready to announce it.

If that's the case then it should be a performance hybrid like the Aviator GT and not the Escape hybrid system(s).

1 minute ago, akirby said:

If that's the case then it should be a performance hybrid like the Aviator GT and not the Escape hybrid system(s).

It is an oversight not to offer the regular hybrid for launch, that would sell well in West Coast markets and markets where Lincoln isn't strong.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Willwll313wll said:

I love the Black Label wheels, grille, and total appearance.

2020-lincoln-corsair_100698405_h.jpg

Yeah, that sure looks like a Black Label grille, but note this from Cars.com : "And while Lincoln has decided not to offer a super-luxe Black Label edition of the Corsair (likely due to price sensitivity and wanting to maintain some exclusivity for the other concierge benefits that come with splurging on that trim level), a number of premium touches like the 24-way Perfect Position seats and the mind-blowing 14-speaker Revel audio system can still be had."

12 minutes ago, jasonj80 said:

It is an oversight not to offer the regular hybrid for launch, that would sell well in West Coast markets and markets where Lincoln isn't strong.

More details will come later, but we're told the plug-in setup in the Corsair differs from that in the Escape; the latter will offer both a hybrid and plug-in hybrid. The difference will be in how the batteries are situated under the Lincoln's floor and the electric motor positioned in back. Jraiche said Lincoln defined the customer first and then planned the powertrains that fit.

Definitely a different setup and probably closer to the Aviator GT architecture.

1 hour ago, twintornados said:

I have an MKC with the 2.3L EB motor and the six speed auto...that thing scoots right along...I can only imagine that with the new eight speed, it should be even more quick...

Plus, Escape lost 200 lbs.  I'd have to assume Corsair lost at least some weight vs. the MKC.

1 hour ago, akirby said:

Wait - no hybrid?

There is one, but I find it odd they're not mentioning it at all.

In the Wards Auto article, Joy confirms it and the coming All-electric model:

Falotico: We might look at derivatives and things like that in the future. And we are looking at electrification. We’ll have more to say about it later, but we are going to electrify this vehicle and we will be looking at an all-electric vehicle that might be a sport utility.

I guess they want to get some more attention later for it, but seems like they lost some now.

---

I think it looks great!  The interior looks awesome, and worlds better than Escape (as it should).  It's also interesting - there's no Black Label model, but the interior color combos basically look like the Black Label trims from other models (the Cashew is basically the Flight theme from Aviator, while the blue is a seeming middle ground between Rhapsody and Yacht Club).  I'm guessing the MKC BL take rate was quite low.

The proportions are definitely better than the MKC (which it lost from the concept).  My only complaint is the same one I had on MKC when it debuted - I wish the exhaust outlets were more integrated (rectangular) instead of the oval pipes.  But if that's the biggest complaint, they did well.

Edited by rmc523

I like it a lot and should sell like hotcakes. Two things I don't like I don't like though. In my opinion, the 2.3 should have 300hp. I know it's nit picky but I think 300hp is a nice top engine and differentiates it further in HP from the 2.0. I don't like that they are waiting on the hybrids for details and release dates. It would be great to have them ready at launch. Otherwise, I think it should sell very well. Now again, much like the Aviator,  this is great on paper but we'll need to see how these feel behind the wheel. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, rperez817 said:

What is Lincoln Corsair based on? F-Series Super Duty?

Lincoln Corsair is based on Ford's C2 global chassis...it just so happens that a version of that chassis also underpins Escape, but without the Lincoln specific enhancements such as the "Rear Integral Bush Suspension" and for what I would assume would be front suspension enhancements that further differentiate it from Escape ...I would like to know more about it.

To blithely dismiss it as "Escape based" is just ignorant.   

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, 70 Stang said:

Pretty far above all of the competition.

Yes as their base engine I'd agree, but not the step up.

Jaguar E - peace is around 292 HP I believe.  I feel like this segment has a blurry line for competition as well. 

11 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

I like it a lot and should sell like hotcakes. Two things I don't like I don't like though. In my opinion, the 2.3 should have 300hp. I know it's nit picky but I think 300hp is a nice top engine and differentiates it further in HP from the 2.0. I don't like that they are waiting on the hybrids for details and release dates. It would be great to have them ready at launch. Otherwise, I think it should sell very well. Now again, much like the Aviator,  this is great on paper but we'll need to see how these feel behind the wheel. 

I wonder if they're derating the 2.3L to make the PHEV look better.

30 minutes ago, akirby said:

They never refer to the Audi Q3 as "Tiguan-based".  It's a total double standard and it gets very tiring.

Sure they did. https://www.autoblog.com/2018/09/24/2019-audi-q3-driving-review/

" The original Q3 hit the American market in 2015, just as the compact crossover craze was kicking off. The model was basically a Volkswagen Tiguan (itself based on the sixth-generation Volkswagen Golf) with a fresh design. It felt dated compared with the rest of Audi's lineup, since it'd already been on sale in Europe for several years before it made its way to North America. Yet the Q3 moved more than 1.1 million units worldwide over its seven-year run. Still, compared to newer and more lively products like the Volvo XC40, BMW X2 and Lexus NX, the Q3 needed a makeover."

Y'all can relax. "Total double standard" is only in your imagination.

Edited by rperez817