Dearborn Truck P702 Units

The few P702 that will be built on Monday... are these test mules or actual prototypes? Meaning they are actual next generation F-150 but with camo covering on it rather than botched up mules based on current F-150? Looking like indeed soon. A reveal at Texas State Fair in the fall perhaps?

30 minutes ago, pffan1990 said:

The few P702 that will be built on Monday... are these test mules or actual prototypes? Meaning they are actual next generation F-150 but with camo covering on it rather than botched up mules based on current F-150? Looking like indeed soon. A reveal at Texas State Fair in the fall perhaps?

I’m honestly not sure. They could be prototypes, or they could just be scrapped. Either way, it’s an encouraging sign that launch is getting closer. I’ll definitely agree that Texas State Fair is looking like a likely debut!

22 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

You sure about that? They haven't even done proveout builds at the pilot plant yet.... 

All I’ve heard is, body shop is scheduled to build a few Monday morning. So maybe they’re just building cabs, to bring to the pilot plant 

7 hours ago, pffan1990 said:

Mules are typically for Powertrain and chassis evaluation and are "cobbled" off of existing products.  These are prototypes that likely will be used to validate fit and probably used for photo shoots and other early non-driving reveals.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, theoldwizard said:

Mules are typically for Powertrain and chassis evaluation and are "cobbled" off of existing products.  These are prototypes that likely will be used to validate fit and probably used for photo shoots and other early non-driving reveals.

Yeah I already knew what the mules and prototypes were used for but I was just wondering what specifically the ones that were supposedly going to be built this Monday. It's looking to me like it's going to be prototypes if it's that closer to production. Like I said earlier, I do think the reveal possibly is this coming Texas State Fair later this fall.