2020 feature and paint colors

Mokume

Does anyone know if the 2020 Ranger will offer significant feature changes and new exterior colors?

I am looking to order a 2020 Lariat supercab, the current color choices range from boring to downright ugly.

A dark midnight blue (as my 2000 XLT is) would be perfect.

13 hours ago, Mokume said:

I am looking to order a 2020 Lariat supercab, the current color choices range from boring to downright ugly.

A dark midnight blue (as my 2000 XLT is) would be perfect.

Better step up the color game if they want to bring in young buyers and compete with the Tacoma and Gladiator. 

3 hours ago, Kev-Mo said:

Better step up the color game if they want to bring in young buyers and compete with the Tacoma and Gladiator. 

Ain't that the truth. I vacillated between all of the colors then settled on Magnetic. Inoffensive, but boring and seems like 30 percent of the vehicles around here are that color. Probably saving those cool colors for the Raptor (like Asia).

On 4/16/2019 at 5:58 AM, Kev-Mo said:

Indeed, Chevy offer 10 choices for the Canyon, Toyota offers 9 for the Taco.

Ford seems to think the buying public will make do with 7 choices.

24 minutes ago, Mokume said:

Indeed, Chevy offer 10 choices for the Canyon, Toyota offers 9 for the Taco.

Ford seems to think the buying public will make do with 7 choices.

It's the first model year. Word is there's cool stuff being added for 2020. 

At first I was disappointed too but once I saw the scope of the retooling project here at the plant I understood why the first model year seems a little lacking on options. 

• Like 1

On 4/16/2019 at 1:34 PM, nwfmike said:

Ain't that the truth. I vacillated between all of the colors then settled on Magnetic. Inoffensive, but boring and seems like 30 percent of the vehicles around here are that color. Probably saving those cool colors for the Raptor (like Asia).

The Ranger Color choices are straight out of the book:  The Giver

• 1 month later...
On 4/17/2019 at 4:27 PM, fuzzymoomoo said:

It's the first model year. Word is there's cool stuff being added for 2020. 

At first I was disappointed too but once I saw the scope of the retooling project here at the plant I understood why the first model year seems a little lacking on options. 

Any idea what the "cool stuff" being added for 2020 might be? Sunroof? 60/40 flat folding rear seat? Power sliding rear window? Damped Tailgate? LED Bed Lighting?