The Grand Tour

The last episode of this season of The Grand Tour dropped this week, and it was almost entirely about the Ford Cortina and Sierra RS Cosworth in the wake of rumors that Ford would be discontinuing the Mondeo. Lots of fawning over Ford's midsized UK saloons, as well as the Hamster swinging implements of destruction at non-Fords. If you have Amazon Prime, check it out.

• Like 2

Yes, it actually was a really great episode. Strange one but really well done. The whole series minus some dumb parts in the first season were really great. The little I watched Top Gear I liked it but didn't watch it that much. This series kept me engaged. It a shame it's done but...we'll they are old. 

17 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

Yes, it actually was a really great episode. Strange one but really well done. The whole series minus some dumb parts in the first season were really great. The little I watched Top Gear I liked it but didn't watch it that much. This series kept me engaged. It a shame it's done but...we'll they are old. 

The show is not ending.  They are just going to no longer do the studio audience, test track, and conversation street. It will be all "specials" and adventures and documentaries. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Flying68 said:

The show is not ending.  They are just going to no longer do the studio audience, test track, and conversation street. It will be all "specials" and adventures and documentaries. 

True. I expect a lot less episodes though. I would think no more than 4 a year.  The last one in Mongolia was epic and a great watch.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SoonerLS said:

Clarkson's buffoonery is one of the best things about the show.

It's not his buffoonery. It's his C&D/MT mentality of anything he dislikes is shite. Regardless of the road tests. Now he has calmed down in recent years, but there was a time he was incorrigible with reviews.

2 hours ago, J-150 said:

It's not his buffoonery. It's his C&D/MT mentality of anything he dislikes is shite. Regardless of the road tests. Now he has calmed down in recent years, but there was a time he was incorrigible with reviews.

I mean, I don't really look to that trio for any sort of completely serious reviews.  They're purposely funny/entertaining and ridiculous.

7 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

I mean, I don't really look to that trio for any sort of completely serious reviews.  They're purposely funny/entertaining and ridiculous.

It's his schtick! It's also entertainment! There are times when he fully embraces it and there other times you can tell he's being sincere.