Wayne Assembly

I just wonder if Wayne Assembly will be producing three different BOF vehicles not just two?

It seems to me that the T6 platform includes the Ranger pickup, Everest SUV and the new Bronco.

There is a real market for the Everest in this country, off road capable, larger than the Edge but smaller than the new 2020 Explorer.

The Bronco could fit on a modified frame with a unique body.

so is there going to be three distinct vehicles at Wayne assembly?

I do remember Wayne building the second generation f150 based Bronco their and the F150 many years ago

EDSELFORD

3 hours ago, edselford said:

I just wonder if Wayne Assembly will be producing three different BOF vehicles not just two?

It seems to me that the T6 platform includes the Ranger pickup, Everest SUV and the new Bronco.

There is a real market for the Everest in this country, off road capable, larger than the Edge but smaller than the new 2020 Explorer.

The Bronco could fit on a modified frame with a unique body.

so is there going to be three distinct vehicles at Wayne assembly?

I do remember Wayne building the second generation f150 based Bronco their and the F150 many years ago

EDSELFORD

Well Wayne Assembly is closed ( ;) ) but MAP as far as I know is only getting Ranger and Bronco. We were rumored to have a 3rd vehicle come in but that was a while ago and I haven't heard a thing about it in at least 2 years.

No Everest for North America, next gen is not until 2022.  T6 Everest was a much later arrival (2015) due to product cycle timing with the previous Mazda developed version.

Who knows, MAP might get an order for North American Amaroks when NG Ranger arrives but I wouldn't hold my breath

Edited by jpd80

1 hour ago, J-150 said:

I could see it being a Lincoln.

Definitely not 

57 minutes ago, twintornados said:

Well, the first guess as to the unnamed "third model" was suggested as a Troller T4 for South American market, but now, it would seem more likely that it will be a VW Amorok. Troller T4 could still be a "go" as it would likely be based off Bronco DNA for a future model.

As far as I know the Troller brand is a dead man walking. It's certainly not getting updated to T6. 

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, chris532 said:

Wayne will only be used to support MAP operations. Little early to talk about third vehicle for MAP. No way of knowing  how much capacity Ranger and Bronco will actually need.

There's 3 body sub lines in there too that feed Louisville, Dearborn/ Kansas City and Kentucky truck/Avon Lake too. 

5 hours ago, Harley Lover said:

Bronco pickup to go up against Jeep Gladiator!        <just kidding>

As far fetched as it might be, you can bet that Ford is going to be watching sales and will respond according. I'm sure the design guys have already done some paper sketches, just in case...

41 minutes ago, jasonj80 said:

As far fetched as it might be, you can bet that Ford is going to be watching sales and will respond according. I'm sure the design guys have already done some paper sketches, just in case...

God I hope not. That would be the most redundant thing Ford would have done in the last 30 years. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jasonj80 said:

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

God I hope not. That would be the most redundant thing Ford would have done in the last 30 years. 

I don't think Ford needs to make a pickup variant of the Bronco considering that the Ranger platform-mate in Crew Cab configuration is pretty much already a pickup version when you look at the platform. The Ranger Crew Cab takes the place of the old Explorer Sport Trac as well as provide the market for those with 4-door off road pickup. I do have a hunch that there will be a Raptor version of the next gen Ranger to help give it that good off road credibility. So the Bronco pickup is not needed. It's not 1966 when they did it back then with the Half Cab.

9 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I agree, but if they see there is a market for it... Ram is going to be launching a Mid-sized truck, so will be interesting in how that plays out with the Jeep.

It probably makes sense to Waite until T6 is upgraded and market stabilizes before Ford considers an Everest/ Endeavour for this market.

By then however, we may be in a sea of SUVs from every OEM given the profit potential versus regular sedans!

I just like the toughness and durability of a Body on frame vehicle and the north/ south architecture which make the inclusion of low range possible! (Use of transfer case)

edselford

43 minutes ago, akirby said:

Or Explorer.

I was thinking strictly BOF SUVs but yes Explorer counts too

31 minutes ago, IMSA-XJR9 said:

Could there be a non removable Bronco option or are both 2-4 door Broncos going to have removable tops?

I don't know if the removable top is going to be standard or optional but both the 2 and 4 door versions will have it. 

"You’re confusing BOF with RWD.  It’s unibody RWD."

Happens sometimes.

Once saw a web forum for 'fans of modern BOF American cars', with pics of 90's Impala SS, Panthers, and Chrysler LX [300/Charger]. Someone forgot to tell them that the LX are unibody. [And some assume the 60's/70's Mopar B and C bodies are BOF.]