The Ford Mach E (Car and Driver)

3 minutes ago, atomcat68 said:

In 2014, C&D did do a render of what they thought the gen 6 Mustang would look like, and they were pretty close. I think this is why so many are willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

PD said earlier in the thread that it was wrong, and he's pretty trustworthy when it comes to inside knowledge. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

PD said earlier in the thread that it was wrong, and he's pretty trustworthy when it comes to inside knowledge. 

I don't doubt him. I was just saying that many are going to believe C&D because they were right on that one. It's like people believing a fortune teller because one prediction was correct and forget the 100 that were wrong.

I think in a year we'll be laughing at all of their Bronco renderings too.

47 minutes ago, atomcat68 said:

I don't doubt him. I was just saying that many are going to believe C&D because they were right on that one. It's like people believing a fortune teller because one prediction was correct and forget the 100 that were wrong.

I think in a year we'll be laughing at all of their Bronco renderings too.

That Bronco one that's been out for a while from BroncoG5.com or whatever it was is remarkably close

• Like 2

On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 4:59 PM, Anthony said:

From Car and Driver  

is it their rendering or based off actual info?

A2B5F931-F4BE-4D6C-BB36-61EDE1BEDBD6.jpeg.caf4abeb8a741c9e2a81373be6701b0b.jpeg

2F3D1962-5E19-46F1-9DF4-14BD477AA91C.thumb.jpeg.3054e50ce5b95ec97247c751ecb3b6a6.jpeg

based on what what my dealer principle saw ( photos ) he verified these may be close to the real McCoy....nothing is set in stone of course....but based on what he saw...these ARE representative...

18 hours ago, Deanh said:

based on what what my dealer principle saw ( photos ) he verified these may be close to the real McCoy....nothing is set in stone of course....but based on what he saw...these ARE representative...

Shape is close, proportions are off, front end treatment is way off (unless something changed again). 

9 minutes ago, PREMiERdrum said:

Shape is close, proportions are off, front end treatment is way off (unless something changed again). 

This is the Ford teaser of the front end, how are the illustrations way off?

https://www.torquenews.com/sites/default/files/images/hybrid_mustang_teaser.jpg[/img]

Edited by Harley Lover

4 minutes ago, Harley Lover said:

This is the Ford teaser of the front end, how are the illustrations way off?

https://www.torquenews.com/sites/default/files/images/hybrid_mustang_teaser.jpg[/img]

"Grille" area treatment, horizontal stack proportions, badging (unless that was reversed). 

They started with the right dots but didn't necessarily connect them correctly. I haven't seen it but that's how it was described to me in reference to the renders. 

2 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

This one?

bronco6g-fordbronco1-jpg.208

The greenhouse is a fucking mess with the way the window is done over the cargo compartment...otherwise I like it. 

The front end (A-pillar forward) is pretty close. The windshield needs to be more upright and the sides more squared off rather than angled towards the roof but they got the idea. 

4 hours ago, PREMiERdrum said:

"Grille" area treatment, horizontal stack proportions, badging (unless that was reversed). 

They started with the right dots but didn't necessarily connect them correctly. I haven't seen it but that's how it was described to me in reference to the renders. 

Correct, the 4-door CGI is  a conflation of  hybrid V8 Mustang's looks and the Model E,  the latter is more of a crossover with Mustang DNA front and back so less bulby.

man, this is like describing how the chocolate changes ice cream into chocolate ice cream.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

The front end (A-pillar forward) is pretty close. The windshield needs to be more upright and the sides more squared off rather than angled towards the roof but they got the idea. 

Correct more reference to gen 1  at the top of the doors......

I hope they change up the grille. It was cool when it first came out on the concept, but then the raptor has been using something similar for years and you can find knock off versions at every auto parts store. I think I’d prefer a simple mesh style grille with the bronco emblem on it, similar to a mustang grille.

Edited by T-dubz