GM Unveils Mid-engine Vette....Sort of

Anthony

On 4/13/2019 at 11:12 AM, falconlover 1 said:

Mary Barra will enter the history  as the GM CEO that kill the Corvette. That car is not a Corvette, and will be a sales fail.

As much as I dislike the Vette, laying predetermined failure of it at MBs feet is far-fetched.

This car is named "Zora" for a reason (the last name of the original Vette chief engineer that wanted it to go ME for the 1970s), also pre-BK GM green-lit a ME Vette in 06'-07' before the recession but the Vette program was saved only by sticking to FE for the current Sting-Ray, on a sidenote not many supercars will have the maintenance and ease of a LT V8.

For price, many inside guys says only a $5k increase base price.

4 hours ago, Fgts said:

As much as I dislike the Vette, laying predetermined failure of it at MBs feet is far-fetched.

This car is named "Zora" for a reason (the last name of the original Vette chief engineer that wanted it to go ME for the 1970s), also pre-BK GM green-lit a ME Vette in 06'-07' before the recession but the Vette program was saved only by sticking to FE for the current Sting-Ray, on a sidenote not many supercars will have the maintenance and ease of a LT V8.

You’re talking to a guy who insists a mustang sub brand is a thing despite everyone telling him otherwise. You might as well talk to a wall. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

You’re talking to a guy who insists a mustang sub brand is a thing despite everyone telling him otherwise. You might as well talk to a wall. 

What is your problem with me, guy?. Is this forum a dictadirship?. I feel free to give my opinions as everyone else does here. If you do not like them, then do not read me. Do you think that because you are related in some way to the industry and, possibly, to Ford, you have the exclusive right to express your opinion? Maybe you only work for a company that does the maintenance of some Ford office in Detroit. Your opinions and your "exclusive revelations" prove it. Maybe you can only peek at a desk from time to time or hear what a Ford engineer says. Your post makes it look like that. I think it's time for you to dedicate yourself to your life and let me give my opinion in peace.

7 hours ago, Fgts said:

About the price, is not what the press say. The new "Corvette" will cost much more than the C7. And a 180000 $ midsize super car is not a car for the typical Corvette´s customer

5 hours ago, falconlover 1 said:

What is your problem with me, guy?. Is this forum a dictadirship?. I feel free to give my opinions as everyone else does here. If you do not like them, then do not read me. Do you think that because you are related in some way to the industry and, possibly, to Ford, you have the exclusive right to express your opinion? Maybe you only work for a company that does the maintenance of some Ford office in Detroit. Your opinions and your "exclusive revelations" prove it. Maybe you can only peek at a desk from time to time or hear what a Ford engineer says. Your post makes it look like that. I think it's time for you to dedicate yourself to your life and let me give my opinion in peace.

Not when your opinion is wrong and more people than just me have told you so 

And no, I'm not just some contractor. I work for and my paychecks come from ford. I know people, and 90% of them are people who know what they're talking about. 

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

On 4/13/2019 at 10:12 AM, falconlover 1 said:

That car is not a Corvette, and will be a sales fail.

falconlover 1, what would be your definition of a "sales fail" ?  Before you answer, take the Chevy vs Ford argument out of it, and be prepared to document other manufacturer offerings, of similar mid-engine vehicles, before you place a set of un-realistic expectations on this particular model. I'll bet that there isn't a ME car out there that will start at the MSRP, or have the production numbers, that you expect this one to achieve.

HRG

13 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I find that hard to believe with the amount of engineering and issues they've had with the new car that they keep the base price the same and not bump it up to at least $70k or $80k. 

Maybe the issues are because they are trying to keep the base price down?  Skimping on important things maybe?

12 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I find that hard to believe with the amount of engineering and issues they've had with the new car that they keep the base price the same and not bump it up to at least $70k or $80k. 

They could if they want to sell twice as many, but lose money on every single one!

A 60K Corvette will be harder to find than a 35K Tesla Model 3.

• Like 1

Maybe GM thinks the corvette needs to move up a few notches since the Camaro has been on its heels performance wise for a while. I think they see other companies with a ME supercar and they feel left out. We all know GM has a high school mentality when it comes to ego. However, I’ll be extremely surprised if this thing msrp under 100k. But it’s possible. We will wait and see. 

1 hour ago, fordtech1 said:

Maybe GM thinks the corvette needs to move up a few notches since the Camaro has been on its heels performance wise for a while. I think they see other companies with a ME supercar and they feel left out. We all know GM has a high school mentality when it comes to ego. However, I’ll be extremely surprised if this thing msrp under 100k. But it’s possible. We will wait and see. 

Base price will start in the $60's

1 hour ago, msm859 said:

Base price will start in the $60's

We will see. They couldn’t take a existing corvette chassis add a hard top convertible and thick carpet (xlr) and price it in the 60’s back in early 2000’s. 

Maybe they will surprise me and it will be amazing. Hopefully,  it won’t be another Fiero. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/25/2019 at 5:12 PM, 630land said:

Some on other message boards claimed that GM would keep the C7 in production alongside the C8. But no press release ever said that.

BTW Lots of old C7's are piled up unsold, so where are the so called "loyal" buyers?

As I had posted earlier, they are auctioning off the last 2019 C7 which will be a Z06.  There is no reason to auction off the last 19 C7 if there will be a 2020 C7.