Installed module to automatically fold in mirrors when locking truck

Anthony

Over on ranger5g.com there was a group buy for modules that make it so your side mirrors fold in automatically when you lock the truck.  It also automatically unfolds them when you either: a) unlock the truck or b) turn the key to ACC/ON.  I chose to wire mine so it didn't unfold until I turn the key to ACC/ON.

It's a nice feature and one that should have come with the truck in the first place (but one you should be able to override in the menu if you dont want it on).

Took about 20 minutes to install.  Works like a champ.  They are thinking of doing a second group-buy.  If you are interested (and have folding mirrors on your Ranger) you can check out this post:  https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/rcmustangs-auto-folding-mirrors-mod-buy-thread.2123/

22 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I'm pretty sure that comes with the Lariat 501a package, just FYI. 

I'm not sure as lots of Lariat owners were asking about it as well (and bought the modules).

Here's what the Ford site says for 501a on Lariats:

• B&O Sound System by Bang & Olufsen with HD Radio™ (SuperCrew® only)
• Ten(10) Speakers and Subwoofer (SuperCrew® only)
• Technology Package - Adaptive Cruise Control, Navigation System
• Rain-Sensing Wipers
• Remote Start
• Windshield Wiper De-Icer

Either way, I have it on my XLT now!

Edited by Anthony

Yeah, I already had power fold mirrors.  But you had to manually do it every time you wanted to fold them in.  This module allows them to auto-fold on lock and unfold on startup.  Made a feature I would otherwise never use into one that's somewhat useful.  $60 total and 20 minutes to install.