My Ranger- Order Feb. 1 -- delivered April 4th....

First impressions:  Like the way it drives, feels big, comfortable, quiet, rides better that my wife's FLEX....... don't like 10 speed,  too many gears.  It USUALLY skips 2nd and goes directly to 3rd.  Selecting drive or reverse, it S-L-I-D-E-S into gear.  Takes longer than I think it should.   Although I haven't whacked the throttle yet, it feels very strong.  Does anyone know how many Rangers were sold in March?   

For anyone here that contributed to the building of my Ranger,  THANK YOU very much.  Know that your hard work made me very happy.  

Edited by ford-boy
  • Like 1

January 2019 2,153 February 2019 2,899  March 2019 4,369  Total 2019 Q1 9,421 .   Wait for the vehicle's adaptive strategy  to learn your driving habits.  Please return at 5,000 miles and share your experience and impressions.  Enjoy your new Ranger.

I agree on waiting for the vehicle to adapt to the way you drive.  When I test drove my Ranger I thought the trans was horrible.  It SLAMMED into shifts and was not a pleasant experience.  3 months later, it is as smooth as butter and I don't even realize its shifting.

1 hour ago, Anthony said:

I agree on waiting for the vehicle to adapt to the way you drive.  When I test drove my Ranger I thought the trans was horrible.  It SLAMMED into shifts and was not a pleasant experience.  3 months later, it is as smooth as butter and I don't even realize its shifting.

Actually it’s not adapting to the way you drive it’s just adapting the shift pressures to match the factory shift targets.  Common misconception.  The purpose is to adjust for manufacturing tolerances and wear over time.  

It definitely should get better after a few hundred miles.