2019 Navigator Reserve Traveling with Service Animal

I am disabled with a heart condition. Periodically I must travel to the Phoenix area to visit my Cardiologist. When I travel, my Service Animal is always with me. However he obviously can not go into the doctors office, and remains in his crate in the vehicle. My previous car was a Mercedes GLS550. Mercedes gave me a procedure to lock the car while the vehicle was running, as afternoon temperatures in Phoenix can be in excess of 100 degrees. Worked well, never an issue.

The Navigator shuts the engine down after a period of time when the engine is running and the doors are locked. I called the Concierge people several times and they all said this was normal and that NOTHING could be done. I called several dealers and they gave me a variety of opinions.  One said that if I turned of auto engine off in the menu and set the security system to perimeter I would be fine. Another said that if I simply locked the doors, got the double beep, that eventually the engine would shut off but that it would restart because of low battery when the AC needed to run.

I have a case that the Concierge people are supposedly reviewing but when I mentioned what the dealers told me, they said that the dealers know more than they do.

What I need is the correct procedure that somebody knows for certain works. Help! 

If u have the car on and lv the key in the car you should be able to lock it with the doorpad to keep the car running.  If all else fails, crack the windows for ventilation.  Even if you forget after you get out, you can open them with the keypad from the outside.

2 hours ago, Bubba1948 said:

Seems to be the case. In a perfect world Lincoln would have given me a solution rather than the Concierge people telling me it couldn’t be done because it was a safety feature. In the end I’m just grateful for a solution.

If they did then they open themselves up to litigation should something happen.  Don’t blame Ford, blame the lawyers.

• Thanks 1