2020 Fusion Production Information

ice-capades

Per yesterday's FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) the following timetable has been updated for the 2019/2020 Fusion.

• 04/26/2019  - 2019MY Fleet Final Order Due Date
  • 05/09/2019 - 2019MY Last Day to Spec Change
  • 08/03/2019 - 2019MY Job Last Date

• 05/13/2019 - 2020MY Order Bank Open Date
  • 07/18/2019 - 2020MY Scheduling Begins
  • 08/05/2019 - 2020MY Job #1 Date

04/26/2019 - EARLY BALANCE OUT PAINTS

• Ruby Red
  • Blue Metallic
  • Rich Copper
  • Ingot Silver Metallic
  • Absolute/Shadow Black

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Art Carter said:

any idea when the order guide may be out for it?

The 2020 Fusion Order Guide will be available on or about 05/13/2019 which is when the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) is due to open. I would expect only minor changes for the 2020MY Fusion as the 2021MY is expected to be the final year for the Fusion. 

Hi ice-capades,

Do you have any thoughts on the future of the V6 Sport for 2021, or if it will even be offered in the last year?  Have you heard of any changes in the Sport for 2020 ahead of the order guide?  Thinking that will be my next car and wouldn't mind having the last model year of the Fusion sedan era, but also would like all the goodies and gadgets that are on the 2019 model like the enhanced park assist.  Wish they still offered the Earth Gray interior from the 2018 though.

Also, thanks for the great info you post. ?  It is very helpful.  I especially like the order guides which for me are much easier to use than the dealer brochure.

Per Friday's FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) the following timetable has been updated for the 2019/2020 Fusion.

• 04/26/2019  - 2019MY Fleet Final Order Due Date
  • 05/09/2019 - 2019MY Last Day to Spec Change
  • 08/02/2019 - 2019MY Job Last Date

• 05/13/2019 - 2020MY Order Bank Open Date
  • 07/18/2019 - 2020MY Scheduling Begins
  • 08/05/2019 - 2020MY Job #1 Date

6 hours ago, ice-capades said:

I don't remember if I mentioned this in another thread but during our wholesale meeting last week with our Ford Zone Manager to discuss June/July allocation... We were told that the Fusion will now be in production through the 2023 Model Year!

If that's true, now would be a good time to update the engines and finally put in the 8-speed auto along with other exterior changes. Otherwise, Ford will continue to wonder why they are not selling enough Fusions. They should do the new auto for the 2020 model year and make some changes to options/packages too.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/5/2019 at 2:38 PM, pffan1990 said:

If that's true, now would be a good time to update the engines and finally put in the 8-speed auto along with other exterior changes. Otherwise, Ford will continue to wonder why they are not selling enough Fusions. They should do the new auto for the 2020 model year and make some changes to options/packages too.

If anything, the Fusion is going to be a fleet special with limited options that will see sales slowly fall. They are forcing more hybrids to dealerships vs normal gas engine cars and I'd assume the gas cars that are being sold are higher end models like the Sport and the like. I don't think they are planning on more investments into the product and are just running it to ground now, till a new product with the Fusion name comes about. 

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 7:38 AM, ice-capades said:

I don't remember if I mentioned this in another thread but during our wholesale meeting last week with our Ford Zone Manager to discuss June/July allocation... We were told that the Fusion will now be in production through the 2023 Model Year!

It is still a great car, and sells well. The platform is paid for, and that makes it easier to make a profit. I would buy my 2013 again in a heartbeat.

I do wonder what they plan for the manufacturing plant afterwards. Maybe by 2024, we will get a subcompact plug in CUV along the lines of the Puma they showed for ROW.

On 4/29/2019 at 1:28 PM, KCM1 said:

Hi ice-capades,

Do you have any thoughts on the future of the V6 Sport for 2021, or if it will even be offered in the last year?  Have you heard of any changes in the Sport for 2020 ahead of the order guide?  Thinking that will be my next car and wouldn't mind having the last model year of the Fusion sedan era, but also would like all the goodies and gadgets that are on the 2019 model like the enhanced park assist.  Wish they still offered the Earth Gray interior from the 2018 though.

Also, thanks for the great info you post. ?  It is very helpful.  I especially like the order guides which for me are much easier to use than the dealer brochure.

If you haven't seen the 2020MY Fusion Order Guide yet, the Fusion Sport AWD has been discontinued.

2 hours ago, ice-capades said:

If you haven't seen the 2020MY Fusion Order Guide yet, the Fusion Sport AWD has been discontinued.

Thanks for the update.  I thought for sure there would be one in 2020.  That was only a 3 year run.  Not holding my breath for Ford to resurrect the Sport with the way the downhill trend is going with the Fusion.  Looks like if I want one, will need to move by plans ahead and get a 2019.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Dealers are now doing the new wholesale allocation meetings including the initial allocation for the 2020MY Fusion. Our new Ford Zone Manager tells us that 2020MY is the last year for the Fusion and not the earlier talk about Fusion being available until 2023. The initial 2020MY Fusion allocation is more than usual as the plant has scheduled down time from 09/23/2019 - 11/11/2019 for work being done to accommodate production of new vehicles. In addition, the initial 2020MY production is skewed heavily towards stock inventory as later production will go largely to fill fleet orders. There is no information as to when the 2020MY Fusion will balance out. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So, the '20s have arrived and are all over AutoTrader.  Funny thing is, despite the decontenting, Ford RAISED prices.  What was $25,115 for a base '19 SE is now $25,495.  Plus, also despite the fact that within 300 miles of my home, there are well over 1,000 '19 SEs sitting on the lots, Ford has cheapened out on incentives BIG time.  While you could snag a base SE leftover last year at this time for around $16K, try $20K now and it's uncompetitive.  Talk about milking the cow for as long as possible (I'm not really complaining because it will help my resale value).

• Like 1

Well, it's better to make a profit on 100K sales than it is to lose money on 200K sales.   This will probably allow them to cancel a shift.

I still say it's the best looking midsized sedan on the market today even though the design is going on it's 8th year.   I saw a ruby red Titanium just like my old one yesterday.  Definitely one of my favorite cars but I love the F150 I replaced it with.   I don't think I could have gotten 1000 lbs of stone veneer on a pallet or 2000 lbs of mulch in the Fusion.  :)

1 minute ago, PeterC6482 said:

I think they just should have stopped production after the 19's and paid whatever penalties to the suppliers, etc. Wouldn't it be cheaper just to leave the assembly plant empty until Transit production begins next year?

Probably not.  Everything at this point is a sunk cost and I bet they're still making money on the hybrids and energi models and will probably make a small profit on the others now that they cut incentives.  Just a smaller volume and I'm sure they'll cut a shift.

Also it's Transit Connect, not Transit.

14 minutes ago, CLTEcoBoost said:

Funny thing is, despite the decontenting, Ford RAISED prices.  What was $25,115 for a base '19 SE is now $25,495.

This is what Ford has typically done historically. Take features away, increase the price. I remember back in the day, Ford was very aggressive with decontenting + raising sticker price with the Contour.  

My local Ford dealership has a couple dozen '20 Fusions on the new car lot. The decontenting on the Fusion S model where Ford removed the chrome accents on the horizontal grille slats doesn't look too bad. I kind of like the grille design with less chrome actually.

02030a4128222229f09131d84b76701cx.jpg

15 minutes ago, akirby said:

Probably not.  Everything at this point is a sunk cost and I bet they're still making money on the hybrids and energi models and will probably make a small profit on the others now that they cut incentives.  Just a smaller volume and I'm sure they'll cut a shift.

Also it's Transit Connect, not Transit.

Thank you for the correction.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 1/3/2020 at 10:35 PM, ice-capades said:

Per today's FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) the following timetable has been released for the 2020MY Fusion.

• 02/28/2020 - 2020MY Fleet Final Order Due Date
  • 03/12/2020 - 2020MY Last Day to Spec Change
  • 06/04/2020 - 2020MY Balance Out Date

"Balance Out Date" means that all remaining orders will have been scheduled for production, or does it mean the final day of production?