Mustang Mach-E trademarked

6 minutes ago, bzcat said:

He said it's not correct to translate the WLTP target (which was given in kilometers) to miles (370 miles), BECAUSE the EPA target will be 300 miles. He just worded is very poorly.

This is true of EVERY car... WLTP range estimates (and NEDC range before that) is almost always higher than EPA range.

Ok I see it now.

7 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

I just had a thought-maybe Ford is intentionally attaching and flirting with the Mustang name attached to the C class BEV just to give it more attention and make it more of an aspirational product, instead of a boring compliance product. 

I think that's exactly why they're doing it.

The Mustang name automatically brings a level of coolness and desirability to the product and it'll likely attract customers that wouldn't necessarily want a Ford.

Unfortunately, I think Ford will alienate the millions of current Mustang owners instead.

If this does end up called Mustang and/or feature the pony badge, it'll be the biggest mistake since Ford tried to make the 4th Gen Mustang a transverse FWD coupe. Fortunately, back then, after the Mustang faithful let them know in no uncertain terms, the back-tracked and called it the Probe and we got the SN95 instead.

• Angry 1

18 hours ago, Twin Turbo said:

This looks good................REALLY good (just lose the pony badge!)

ford-mustang-jpg.353728

This thing looks like a Mustang.  Is a Mustang for a time without sedans and cars. 

This thing will carry the “eléctric” pony badge at the front of the body. And this thing will be called Mustang Mach E.

And this is good for Ford because this thing will be selling like hotcakes.

Edited by falconlover 1
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Twin Turbo said:

Unfortunately, I think Ford will alienate the millions of current Mustang owners instead.

I never understood this.  Why would it alienate them if the real Mustang is untouched?  Probe was a replacement for Mustang - they were killing it so that’s apples and oranges.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, akirby said:

I never understood this.  Why would it alienate them if the real Mustang is untouched?  Probe was a replacement for Mustang - they were killing it so that’s apples and oranges.

The four door Wrangler and Charger were also sacrilege.  Seems to have really hurt their sales. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, akirby said:

Because it goes against what the Mustang represents...........Mustang is a cool, sporty 2+2 that has become an icon over 55 years. If they ever remake Bullitt, do you think the new Lt Frank would drive this?

That image is not even close to what the Mustang inspired BEV CUV will look like. It is definitely a sexy CUV with the perfect balance of style and utility. It won’t be FWD.

Again, Mustang Mach-E  or just Mach-E has been the name that has been in discussion for a while now. 

10 hours ago, ExplorerDude said:

That image is not even close to what the Mustang inspired BEV CUV will look like. It is definitely a sexy CUV with the perfect balance of style and utility. It won’t be FWD.

Again, Mustang Mach-E  or just Mach-E has been the name that has been in discussion for a while now. 

This.

It's Motor1 being deliberately provocative with an altered Mustang image to increase site traffic and generate vigorous debate. Ford has always said "Mustang Inspired" not Mustang based yet Motor1 continues the deliberate misquoting of Ford.

On 4/6/2019 at 8:35 AM, ExplorerDude said:

The front looks to be pretty spot on to the teaser image Ford released.  So I guess the rest was a guess is is wrong.