Mustang Mach-E trademarked

13 minutes ago, akirby said:

Or maybe that will be the name of an all electric mustang, not the new suv.

Now that I can get behind........even the hybrid-Mustang I could get behind being called Mach E.  It just worries me that they stuck a pony on the rendering of the electric SUV!

4 minutes ago, Twin Turbo said:

Now that I can get behind........even the hybrid-Mustang I could get behind being called Mach E.  It just worries me that they stuck a pony on the rendering of the electric SUV!

Ford Bronco also has a pony symbol as did the Pinto.  Not exclusive to mustangs.

29 minutes ago, Twin Turbo said:

True......but this is the Mustang pony..... 

Ford-Mustang-Hybrid-teaser-002-Future-Is

It also looks like a horribly done photoshop based on the current Mustang. I know it was in a Ford video...but still I bet the Model E or whatever its called won't look like that exactly. 

I am intrigued with the Mach E cuv. Yesterday's press conference in Europe had an interesting tidbit which was picked up by Jalopnik.  The question with range becomes how does 370 miles WLTP (Euro spec) equate to EPA spec. Some speculate that it will be more like 320 mile range in the US.  If they can get that out in 2020 they could have a winner.

19 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

I am intrigued with the Mach E cuv. Yesterday's press conference in Europe had an interesting tidbit which was picked up by Jalopnik.  The question with range becomes how does 370 miles WLTP (Euro spec) equate to EPA spec. Some speculate that it will be more like 320 mile range in the US.  If they can get that out in 2020 they could have a winner.

I read someplace yesterday that 370 miles WLTP equates to about 300 actual driving miles.

1 hour ago, jcartwright99 said:

5 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

Ok...a little confused with that tweet. Maybe it's because I've been sorting through piles of data all day. Is he saying it's incorrect to think driving range will be 300 or is he saying that the target is 300?

TBH I'm not sure what to make of that

44 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

Do we have a rough idea when it's coming out? Reading between the lines of some comments, one would believe this has been fast tracked and would be out sooner than expected.

My swag is no later then next Spring (as in the dealerships)

1 hour ago, akirby said:

Sounds like he's saying don't assume the US range will be only 300 miles

He IS saying the US range will be about 300 miles. WLTP test is not as demanding as EPA so mileage will probably diverge. Although to be fair, some current EVs have nearly identical EPA and WLTP range estimates (e.g. Bolt or Kona).

WLTP range is published (and estimated) in km. Ford said the WLTP range for MACH E is as high as 600km, which converts to 370 miles. So Mike is saying you can't convert 600km range to 370 miles. The EPA range will be more like 300 miles.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, bzcat said:

He IS saying the US range will be about 300 miles. WLTP test is not as demanding as EPA so mileage will probably diverge. Although to be fair, some current EVs have nearly identical EPA and WLTP range estimates (e.g. Bolt or Kona).

WLTP range is published (and estimated) in km. Ford said the WLTP range for MACH E is as high as 600km, which converts to 370 miles. So Mike is saying you can't convert 600km range to 370 miles. The EPA range will be more like 300 miles.

But he said it’s NOT correct to do that, so I’m confused

21 hours ago, akirby said:

But he said it’s NOT correct to do that, so I’m confused

He said it's not correct to translate the WLTP target (which was given in kilometers) to miles (370 miles), BECAUSE the EPA target will be 300 miles. He just worded is very poorly.

This is true of EVERY car... WLTP range estimates (and NEDC range before that) is almost always higher than EPA range.

Edited by bzcat