• Custom Search

I’m still learning about things on my new 2019 Transit Connect. I was hunting down a rattle and found the wheel jack wing bolt and hardware missing. While I was in there, I spotted something that looks like a motorcycle horn fed by a purple wire. Can anyone tell me what this is?

DSC03634.JPG

While setting up a cellphone connected account, I indeed found out that that horn is part of the alarm system. I wonder why they thought an alarm horn should be installed INSIDE the vehicle.

That Ford PASS app might prove useful. You can remote start the vehicle, check fuel level, and much more.

Greg G.

Osseo, MN

20 hours ago, Greg in MN said:

While setting up a cellphone connected account, I indeed found out that that horn is part of the alarm system. I wonder why they thought an alarm horn should be installed INSIDE the vehicle.

That Ford PASS app might prove useful. You can remote start the vehicle, check fuel level, and much more.

Greg G.

Osseo, MN

If I had to guess, they put a horn somewhere that can't be disabled from the outside.  If a thief can cut the wires from the outside before breaking in, not much use for an alarm.