Regional Sales Data

Merc390

47 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

To my knowledge Ford has never published that information to the public. 

I kind of assumed as much. Can the same source where a few get the quarterly data be able get this data or a ballpark?

-Kyle 

On 3/31/2019 at 3:31 PM, Merc390 said:

So I am just doing some research and I was wondering how detailed Ford gets with state/regional sales data. If it is something that is available to the public how can I acquire this data for the last five years?

-Kyle 

As fuzzymoomoo stated above, Ford has never published that information to the public. That information (Regional & State) information is provided to Dealers on a monthly basis and also includes the sales information all the way down to the Dealers Zone. While the information may be of interest for research purposes, it would be very time consuming task to access and compile all the information and require having archived all those previous reports. Before anyone asks, I archive a lot of Ford reports but do not archive all the monthly sales reports. I review all that information as it becomes available but there just isn't time to do more than that.

FYI... my schedule includes managing our USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) including ordering all Stock, Retail & Fleet orders, running our in-house advertising agency (creating and producing all dealership marketing materials for print, radio, television and/or digital media, negotiating media contracts, etc.) as well as managing all dealership website content, and producing other media content for both the dealership and the Dealer Principal's other non-automotive business interests  over the years including real estate, Arabian horses, corporate air charter, etc. If that wasn't enough to fill my schedule I'm also the primary caregiver for my Mom, diagnosed with dementia 4 years ago.

• 4 weeks later...

Not meaning to hijack the thread but this might be a nice quiet thread to drop this...

Silverado is a shot bird at the moment, Ram is ~ 10K in front

Model........April '19......April '18...............4 Months '19.....4 Months '18
Ram..........49,106........39,252 (25.1%)....169,132...........143,216 (18.1%)

Silverado....39,779........47,724 (-16.6%)..154,092...........183,269 (-15.9%)
Sierra..........14,109........15,049 (-6.2%).....54,655.............56,517 (-3.3%)
Colorado....11,655........12,345 (-5.6%)......45,149.............41,204 (9.6%)
Canyon.........2,420..........2,960 (-18.2%)......9,374.............10,173 (-7.9%)

F150..........70,006.........73,104 (-4.2%)....284,617...........287,295 (-0.9%)
Ranger.........5,748..................0 (-----%)........15,169......................0 (----%)

And yes, F Series out sold combined total of Silverado, Sierra, Colorado and Canyon.

Ram was only 4,780 behind combined Silverado and Sierra sales.

Edited by jpd80

5 minutes ago, fordmantpw said:

Wow, the new Silvererra is tanking horribly!

What a reversal of fortunes, compare 4MO '18 to 4MO'19:

Silverado loses 29,177,  Sierra loses 1,852 and Canyon loses 799 while Ram picks up 25,916 and Clolrado picks up 3,845

Looks like a redistribution alright, I think we know where GM's 31,000 lost sales in full sized trucks went

Just now, jpd80 said:

What a reversal of fortunes, compare 4MO '18 to 4MO'19:

Silverado loses 29,177,  Sierra loses 1,852 and Canyon loses 799 while Ram picks up 25,916 and Clolrado picks up 3,845

Looks like a redistribution alright, I think we know where GM's 31,000 lost sales in full sized trucks went

And that's with brand new GM trucks and essentially a 5 yr old F150.

2 minutes ago, akirby said:

And that's with brand new GM trucks and essentially a 5 yr old F150.

You bet, which is why GM will be very tight lipped at the moment ...I might drop this over in GMI and see what happens...

1 hour ago, fordmantpw said:

Wow, the new Silvererra is tanking horribly!

Don't worry.  It's only because there aren't regular cabs available...

1 hour ago, akirby said:

But but but they sold more overall trucks including Canyorado.

Oh wait.........

Cue rperez in 3....2.....1......

I'm telling you, the next argument is going to be if you add Silverado, Sierra, Colorado, Canyon, Tahoe, Suburban, Yukon/XL, and Escalade/ESV, then GM ROOLZZZ

Edited by rmc523