Jeep gladiator starts at $35k

T-dubz

Heep understands manual transmission and no carpet still has a place...friends dont let friends by heeps....but FCA will sell every dam gladiator they can produce....the demand for  04 -06 2 door unlimited long bed LJ'S is huge and prices for the earlier scramblers have been insane for last 15 years....if heep ever produces another 2 door unlimited it will roll out if showrooms in record pace....

10 hours ago, T-dubz said:

https://jalopnik.com/the-2020-jeep-gladiator-costs-35-040-to-62-310-heres-1833680540

That’s about 5k more than a 4x4 supercrew xl and 1k more than a 4x4 supercrew xlt.

Rubicon starts at $45k.

The Jeep pricing in that article included shipping.  The Ranger XL SuperCrew without shipping starts at $30,680, the Gladiator without shipping starts at 33,545....a difference of less than $3k.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/27225/2020-jeep-gladiator-can-be-optioned-to-north-of-60k-starts-at-35040

Let's get down to the brass tacks of the Gladiator pricing structure:

• Gladiator Sport - $33,545
  • Gladiator Sport S - $36,745
  • Gladiator Overland - $40,395
  • Gladiator Rubicon - $43,545

All prices are before a $1,495 shipping charge, because apparently Toledo, Ohio is located on the planet Mars.

21 hours ago, Anthony said:

This is going to sell like nuts.

Agreed - When I bought my Edge the runners up were Colorado and Wrangler - This scratches two itches, and adds the convertible factor.

Its going to get a hard look when I replace my Edge. I’m leery of FCA, but my Edge had/has a lot of nagging issues that they haven’t been able to fix, and it rattles worse than our 2010 Flex with 125,000 miles (But it’s [the Flex] seemingly built like a tank). 

Edited by sullynd

14 hours ago, Anthony said:

The Jeep pricing in that article included shipping.  The Ranger XL SuperCrew without shipping starts at $30,680, the Gladiator without shipping starts at 33,545....a difference of less than $3k.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/27225/2020-jeep-gladiator-can-be-optioned-to-north-of-60k-starts-at-35040

Yeah, I noticed that afterwards and was too lazy to fix it. 

However, an automatic trans on the Jeep is a 2k option so that bumps it back up to to about a 5k difference if you wanted an auto.

this will go either very good or very bad for Jeep, there will be no in between with this fella. I wonder though, whether Wrangler sales becomes collateral damage, there’s 90,000 of them sitting in inventory.

dont get me wrong here, Jeep is pushing all the right buttons with Gladiator for it to be a runaway success but something tells me it wil come at a cost elsewhere

but equally, that cost (lost sales?) may end up being  something that other  manufacturers should be worrying about, not Jeep 

Edited by jpd80

I believe in this segment (Mid sized pickups) The Gladiator will be a runaway hit. I don't think it will pinch many sales away from Wrangler. I think it will steal sales away from other brands. I also think the brands that will have the most to lose will be Nissan and Toyota, whose dated products stand in stark contrast to this, as well as Jeep's ability to appeal to customers who wouldn't otherwise consider an American brand.

• Like 1

This will be interesting to see how the Gladiator does. I like Jeeps and the Gladiator is pretty cool, but Jeeps are not smooth riding vehicles. The ride in my friends Jeep is quite awful, with the caveat that it is lifted with 35’s. My sister’s  unlifted Unlimited is only marginally better. I’m guessing it will depend on people’s willingness to accept the compromised ride, unless they have somehow managed to make big improvements in the ride quality.  

56 minutes ago, tbone said:

This will be interesting to see how the Gladiator does. I like Jeeps and the Gladiator is pretty cool, but Jeeps are not smooth riding vehicles. The ride in my friends Jeep is quite awful, with the caveat that it is lifted with 35’s. My sister’s  unlifted Unlimited is only marginally better. I’m guessing it will depend on people’s willingness to accept the compromised ride, unless they have somehow managed to make big improvements in the ride quality.  

Are those JL's (not last gen JK)?  I have only heard that the JL rides much better than the JKs.

Supposedly the Gladiator rides better than the standard JL Wranglers due to the increased wheelbase.

Edited by Anthony

3 hours ago, Anthony said:

Are those JL's (not last gen JK)?  I have only heard that the JL rides much better than the JKs.

Supposedly the Gladiator rides better than the standard JL Wranglers due to the increased wheelbase.

They are JKs.  I have not experienced the JLs yet, so I can’t comment on their ride. 

I watched the majority of Doug's video review, I've yet to determine if a 48" wide sheet of plywood or drywall can be carried. I see the 2x4 recesses ahead of the wheel wells, presumably for a raised cross-brace, but no mention if the tailgate can be set to support a sheet, IF the opening in the bed is wide enough.

HRG

never mind, found this:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAydp0hERhE

Edited by HotRunrGuy

On 4/1/2019 at 6:27 PM, tbone said:

IIRC Wranglers sell well, but they often lose repeat customers because of the harshness of them, which turns off a pretty good percentage of buyers. I think their popularity might be similar to what the Mustang is-makes a great second/third car, but not a daily driver.

This is the big hole that Ford needs to aim the Bronco at. 

• 3 weeks later...

That is absolutely ridiculous.  This is nothing more than a huge cash rebate/lease subsidy based on an unrealistic residual value.

Residual is wholesale so by the time you mark it up you’re looking at the same price new or used and that ain’t happening.

I could believe 65%-70% of actual selling price.  One thing’s for sure - at those prices they’ll be flying off the lots.