2020 Kuga/Escape to be shown off April 2nd 10:15AM EST-Possible Puma unveiling also

2 hours ago, akirby said:

A little theatrical but I agree.  I think it looks good.

That was an interesting video. I’m not sure if that guy could talk any slower, and I’m kind of disappointed that ford wasted money on such a goofy production, but it did in fact look better in the video.

7 hours ago, T-dubz said:

I have never owned a vehicle that was not a ford. I own a 2017 escape. I get discounts on ford vehicles. Even with the discount, I would buy the CRV over the new escape. I would like to say that I would buy the maverick over the CRV, and I would based on looks alone, but many articles lately have been saying it’s positioned between the ecosport and escape in size. It will need to have more backseat legroom then the current escape for me to buy it, and I’m not sure if it will. I get that I’m probably in the minority, but if other people share my opinion, I could definitely see them buying the crv too ( I thinks it already the best seller), and they might not like a retro inspired soft roader maverick.

The Baby Bronco/Maverick is an offshoot of an old program called Gen Y CUV or Short C CUV-which might have been killed off with the new product plan, or morphed into the new Puma. The styling was from design study for the Bronco (Ford was possibly going there with the name) before they decided to do the "proper" thing and go with the Ranger based product. 

What is most likely happening is that the size will be roughly the size of the 2013-2019 Escape (with the new one getting bigger) and share much of its parts bin.

• Like 2

I showed the new Escape off to my Wife, who had a 2010 and now has a 2017

She's wanted one since they first came out and got in 2010

She likes her 2017, but she says it looks like a bug

She said the 2020 looks like a station wagon

She likes the styling of the Baby Bronco I showed her.

9 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

But it won't be in dealer lots till the summer time-the Escape doesn't go on sale til August I think...not sure when they are retooling.

Escape/Corsair Job 1 is Aug 5, so I’d suspect Job 1 of the baby Bronco would follow in Feb based on the Ford comment, in showrooms about a year from now. 

2 hours ago, akirby said:

If Job 1 is Aug 5 then probably October.

I just hate how they show the vehicles so early.  Why can't they shift their production timeline to be closer to the reveal dates?

I guess 5 months is shorter than the usual year, though.

54 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

I just hate how they show the vehicles so early.  Why can't they shift their production timeline to be closer to the reveal dates?

I guess 5 months is shorter than the usual year, though.

Normally they show it in January and don't launch until 3rd or 4th quarter so this is actually a lot better.   If they waited any longer we'd be bitching about having to wait to see it I guess.

16 minutes ago, akirby said:

Normally they show it in January and don't launch until 3rd or 4th quarter so this is actually a lot better.   If they waited any longer we'd be bitching about having to wait to see it I guess.

Corsair debut is here soon too.  Was it the 14th?

Yesterday on the highway I was driving amongst an uncamoed 2020 Escape and a camoed Corsair. Both looked fantastic. The Escape looks so sleek, sporty, and optimistic in character. So many vehicles released over the last 5+ years look so busy and ‘over designed’ in my opinion and this Escape is such a breath of fresh air. The only thing I don’t think is ‘perfect’ is that I wish that the rear end was a bit more interesting, compared to the front and side profile. It was also in that bright blue color which really captures the personality of the design theme.

The Corsair looked great too and very similar to the Aviator...but perhaps a bit better because it looked like there is less of a ‘sag’ in the roofline. You could tell the Escape and Corsair were the same basic size, but boy do they look different in proportions and character. These two vehicles should be massive hits just based on looks alone.

On 4/13/2019 at 1:43 PM, fuzzymoomoo said:

According to the Detroit Free Press, the embargo for the Corsair ends at 12:01am Wednesday 

Less than 24 hours to go for embargo to be lifted. I'm wondering what streaming sites will be showing the Lincoln and Ford reveals? Can't seem to find the streaming sites for them at the moment. I'm sure they'll be announced within the coming hours. If anyone could post the links for them, that'd be great. Can't wait to see the Corsair!