2020 Kuga/Escape to be shown off April 2nd 10:15AM EST-Possible Puma unveiling also

12 hours ago, pffan1990 said:

Can't wait for the reveal. Anyone know of any streaming site to view the reveal(s)? I understand the difference in time zone considering that the reveal is in Amsterdam.

The “Go Further” experience will start at 16:15 CET on the April 2, and will be available to watch live or through replay at www.gofurtherlive.com. News releases, photos, video and media assets will be available at  gofurther.fordpresskits.com.

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, MKII said:

The “Go Further” experience will start at 16:15 CET on the April 2, and will be available to watch live or through replay at www.gofurtherlive.com. News releases, photos, video and media assets will be available at  gofurther.fordpresskits.com.

Thank you so much for this. I would not have found these info if I had kept searching. I now put the Go Further Site in browser bookmarks. The Go Further Press Kits site was asking me for username and password, which I obviously do not have. I think this site is only for the press people for the time being so they can get info ahead of time but embargoed. Only either during or after the event is likely when the site will then be made public with lists of articles and photos/videos info, at which time the articles embargo would be lifted.

Also, I had to look up CET to figure out my time zone conversion. The CET is 5 hours ahead of EST however, most of regions (including Netherlands) in the time zone is currently in the CEST zone since it's summertime there which is 6 hours ahead of EST. This is according to the site linked below. However, the Go Further site does have a countdown time for the event so it gives us all more accurate preparation time to view the event.

https://www.timeanddate.com/time/zones/cet

Is this the first time the press is seeing the escape/Kuga? Midnight CET is around 6pm CST so I was hoping we might see some pics early if there was some embargo that stopped at midnight, but it sounds more likely that this will be the first time the press has seen it.

13 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

Is this the first time the press is seeing the escape/Kuga? Midnight CET is around 6pm CST so I was hoping we might see some pics early if there was some embargo that stopped at midnight, but it sounds more likely that this will be the first time the press has seen it.

Most likely not-the countdown counter has it kicking off at 11AM EST

• silvrsvt changed the title to 2020 Kuga/Escape to be shown off April 2nd 10:15AM EST-Possible Puma unveiling also
5 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Is there a simultaneous Escape event?

At that high angle they showed them roll out, I thought it was a Focus hatch.

Yeah that was pretty bad. It looked terrible on that stage. I think the Autoblog pics make it look a bit better.

Its not as terrible as I thought it was going to be based off the spyshots-it actually doesn't look bad at all. It doesn't look too much like a Focus station wagon on stilts, like I was expecting. 

I forwarded the autoblog site to my wife to ask her option-she says the current model looks like a bug, even though she has one-I think she'll be more interested in the Maverick or whatever they are gonna call it. 

The front end is kinda Meh but the rest is really nice and should appeal to a much wider audience especially with the increased interior room and seating/cargo flexibility and hybrid.

They may have to add that shift back to Louisville with the hybrids and the (hopefully even better) executed Corsair coming.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Trailhiker said:

I was expecting  and INCREASE in max cargo, not a DECREASE  :(.

Does that include moving the rear seats up?  I was REALLY impressed with how you can move the rear seats back and get more second room legroom than a Suburban.  That just opened this size vehicle up to a lot more shoppers.  But you can also move it back up when you have a lot of stuff in the cargo area.

• Like 4