'20 Explorer Has "Calm Screen" To Relax Drivers

Autoblog

Something I've mentioned for years, Fords "cool" blues are much more calming overall.  I remember growing up where I was forced to use a BMW with red lighting which always made me hot and uncomfortable (like Pontiac), or Benz with it's piss yellow coloring, and one feature I loved about Ford has been its green (and later), blue lighting.  Even with my home, I have massive amounts of "Ambient lighting" LEDs in the kitchen, bedroom, family room, pool patio, Etc. which really influences the "tone" of the room.

Love the idea and also think it can be refined further. I do the same thing in my Charger at work. Once the sun goes down I dim the whole dash to black absent the speedo. Now this offset by the computer, GPS, radio, etc., but it greatly reduces the light overload once it’s dark out. 

I remember a few years ago when the better half was shopping for a replacement to her previous Escape we did look at a Cherokee....the info-tainment screen had a small button at the top of the plastic trim surround that when you pushed it, the screen would shut off and when you wanted to access the screen information again, push the button again and it was back on. I thought that was a neat feature.

1 hour ago, twintornados said:

I remember a few years ago when the better half was shopping for a replacement to her previous Escape we did look at a Cherokee....the info-tainment screen had a small button at the top of the plastic trim surround that when you pushed it, the screen would shut off and when you wanted to access the screen information again, push the button again and it was back on. I thought that was a neat feature.

You can turn off the sync 3 screen. The problem is, it’s buried under the settings menu. If you touch it, it comes back on. A button would be more convenient.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

You can turn off the sync 3 screen. The problem is, it’s buried under the settings menu. If you touch it, it comes back on. A button would be more convenient.

Or, at the very least, an update to the Sync 3 system to include a "button" on the main screen. Same "turn back on" setup where you touch the screen and it re-lights.

On 3/28/2019 at 2:23 AM, fuzzymoomoo said:

As long as the sync screen is dimmer than it currently is I'm fine with that. Even on its dimmest setting the screen in my Fusion is BRIGHT AS FUCK and it really annoys me, especially when apple CarPlay is running. 

Yeah, I always set the night offset to the darkest it'll go, and like you say it's still bright at night at times.  In city driving on well lit roads, it's not too bad, but once you get to darker roads, it's too bright.