Do F150 Tailgates Have Locks

bobbyd

1 hour ago, bobbyd said:

I recall a few years ago when there were a series of F150 tailgate thefts in my neighborhood ! I was wondering if it is still easy to steal F150 tailgates or did Ford resolve the problem? 

Where do you think they got all those tailgates in the new GMC commercial?    HRG

• Haha 2

• 3 months later...
On 7/3/2019 at 8:12 PM, 143lineman said:

i like the locking feature accept when leaving keys in truck and trying to open taligate  and is still lock very frustrating! guess my own fault not think, we like all the new feature but complain about them as well Lol..

I can understand that frustration. A few years ago we used to just back the trucks on the lot bumper to bumper to keep tailgates from being stolen. Even with the manual locking gate, they would be left unlocked. The electric lock is nice. Plus the keypad will unlock it Incase you leave the keys in the house. I’m very much a key pad fan. 

41 minutes ago, fordtech1 said:

I can understand that frustration. A few years ago we used to just back the trucks on the lot bumper to bumper to keep tailgates from being stolen. Even with the manual locking gate, they would be left unlocked. The electric lock is nice. Plus the keypad will unlock it Incase you leave the keys in the house. I’m very much a key pad fan. 

The only people who don't like the keypad are people who have never used the keypad.

1 hour ago, fordtech1 said:

I like the keypad feature, use a lot when hunting always afraid of losing keys when in the field.

• 5 months later...