Old Ranger

Greg in MN

For years I have wanted to replace my 2001 regular 2 door cab, long box, Ranger XLT. Why no manufacturer doesn't make a 2 door pickup anymore puzzles me. I gave up and bought a new Transit Connect van which seats two and has more cargo room.

Is there any interest in a 19 year old Ranger with 152K on it, or do I scrap it? I'm in Minneapolis MN

8 hours ago, Greg in MN said:

For years I have wanted to replace my 2001 regular 2 door cab, long box, Ranger XLT. Why no manufacturer doesn't make a 2 door pickup anymore puzzles me. I gave up and bought a new Transit Connect van which seats two and has more cargo room.

Is there any interest in a 19 year old Ranger with 152K on it, or do I scrap it? I'm in Minneapolis MN

Craigslist? Facebook Marketplace? 2 door pickups still exist, you just have to order it.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

As a fellow Minnesotan, I applaud your decision to give the Ranger to your Grandson and keep it going.    I also have a 2001 supercab 4X4 that I still use for hauling fill dirt, lumber or anything else I need to haul.   It is also the vehicle of choice when the snow drifts are too high for our AWD passenger cars.    I test drove a new Ranger awhile back and, frankly, I couldn't see that it fulfilled my needs any better than my old one.

1125171224d_Burst01.thumb.jpg.fad75c47ab98284e4012268a616d790d.jpg