The 24hr War

I'm surprised I couldn't find it mentioned here, but I just got around to watching The 24hr War, about Ford going to Europe and beating the Europeans at their own game at Le Mans in the '60s. I'm not sure if it's based on AJ Baime's excellent book, Go Like Hell!, but he is in the film, and it covers the same topic, albeit in an abbreviated form. It's cool to see the interviews with the surviving drivers, as well as Henry II's son and grandson (though I think that washed-up old has-been Nader is better suited to being the face on the cutting room floor).

If you're a Blue Oval (or just auto racing) fan and haven't seen it, do yourself a favor. I know it's on Amazon Prime. And don't forget to read the even-better book Go Like Hell! while you're at it.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, SoonerLS said:

If you're a Blue Oval (or just auto racing) fan and haven't seen it, do yourself a favor. I know it's on Amazon Prime. And don't forget to read the even-better book Go Like Hell! while you're at it.

Sweet!!! I usually scroll through Amazon and scroll....and scroll.....thanks for the tip, I'll check it out tonight!