Huge rebates on Chevy 1500s

blwnsmoke

I'd be the first to admit that not every version of the F-series is a visual work of art, but the lines of the Chevy are ghastly.  The Chevys  remind me of the hideous Nissan Titan, and the Titan reminds me of something Homer Simpson might design. While I admit I was interested to see GM's new flip-flop-flap-flip tailgate, now that I've seen it, it makes the tail seem needlessly busy with all the seam lines.  By contrast, I think there are certain series of the RAM that are quite handsome.  So, "Go for Silver," indeed, RAM.  GM apparently phoned it in on this redesign and deserves to have heaping mounds of "please-take-this-off-our-hands" cash on the hood of every one of their trucks. 

Interesting info from CarGurus today about pickup truck pricing and owner loyalty. Chevy truck owners are the least brand loyal (most willing to switch to another brand), followed closely by Ford. https://investors.cargurus.com/node/8946/pdf

Highlights.

• In 2019, 70 percent of truck owners said they would switch brands if their preferred brand raised pickup truck prices by $10,000, as compared to 64 percent in 2018.
  • Current Toyota truck owners were the most brand-loyal with 41 percent not willing to consider another pickup truck brand.
  • Current Chevrolet truck owners were the least brand-loyal with 28 percent not willing to consider another pickup truck brand, followed closely by Ford owners with 27 percent.
  • 68 percent of truck owners believe that the vehicles are overpriced

Who the hell is going to raise their truck prices by $10K?  That’s a ridiculous question.

If Ford was at 27 percent that makes them the least brand loyal, not Chevy at 28 percent.

I bet 68 percent of all vehicle buyers think their vehicles are overpriced.

Lastly, considering another brand is not the same as actually buying another brand.   I think most truck buyers stay within one brand even if they shop around.

17 hours ago, rperez817 said:

Interesting info from CarGurus today about pickup truck pricing and owner loyalty. Chevy truck owners are the least brand loyal (most willing to switch to another brand), followed closely by Ford. https://investors.cargurus.com/node/8946/pdf

Highlights.

Their sample size was 1,067 owners. 581 that currently have a truck and 486 that do not. This would get torn apart in peer review, and never see the light of day in a publication. 

• 4 weeks later...