Electric F150 Shows Independent Suspension

I think it was always theoretically possible to offer IRS on F-150 because the thing already exist in Expedition. So while it's likely the EV version will have IRS, I wouldn't rule out Ford offering it as an option across the board. Most people use their F-150 crew cab like a fullsize sedan so maybe enough people will want IRS for better ride characteristics and refinement.

2 minutes ago, twintornados said:

Anything worth doing is worth charging more for....

You would be charging more - it would just be baked into the base MSRP.   I think people would balk at having to pay more to get a cheaper suspension.   But baking it into the base MSRP then giving it to them for "free" would be more palatable.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, akirby said:

You would be charging more - it would just be baked into the base MSRP.   I think people would balk at having to pay more to get a cheaper suspension.   But baking it into the base MSRP then giving it to them for "free" would be more palatable.

Or, it could be part of a "max towing" option.....maybe a watts link setup too...

2 hours ago, Anthony said:

I really need to dig out the threads that were going when Ram starting offering coil springs.  lol

I've stated this before. There is nothing wrong with coil springs unless you're towing a heavy load, then your headlights are pointing at the moon. That's why they have an air suspension option.

If Ford offers the IRS I hope there is an air suspension option. 

Edited by MY93SHO

3 hours ago, NLPRacing said:

For packaging on an EV, an IRS makes most sense.  But, I would like to see IRS be standard on RWD and AWD models and the SRA be standard on 4x4's.

Especially when you consider that the maximum payload/towing probably won't be what the gas versions are.