Dealers get a glimpse of Bronco prototype

3 hours ago, falconlover 1 said:

A common marketing for those 3 vehicles (Bronco, Baby-Bronco and the compact pick-up) as an off road vehicles requires a common name or label. I think the Bronco´s wild horse image will be used for all. The name could be Bronco, Bronco Maverick and Bronco ???, or could be different for each one: Bronco, Maverick and ???

However, it takes a long time to know (at least 12 months)

How many other horse trademarks does Ford still own?

Time to dust off Pinto? ?

Bronco [fill in the blank] for sure will be a better name than Transit Connect pickup. Especially if it shares front 1/3 with Bronco Maverick.

Those in the room said the SUV has a retro design, featuring a rectangular grille, round headlights and the word "Bronco" stamped across the front.

The baby Bronco's face was leaked a while back and looked very much like this, it's great that the retro look is being exploited for these  vehicles.

4 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

The baby Bronco's face was leaked a while back and looked very much like this, it's great that the retro look is being exploited for these  vehicles.

I've been telling you guys ever since that picture of the baby Bronco leaked that there was a LOT of the Bronco incorporated into it....

8 minutes ago, bzcat said:

Bronco [fill in the blank] for sure will be a better name than Transit Connect pickup. Especially if it shares front 1/3 with Bronco Maverick.

Stallion?

I was looking at different horse breeds and none of those names a really good. There's even a Fjord horse! "Introducing the Frod Fjord"

So maybe the possible names should include Cowboy influenced themes like Ranchero for the small pickup. Maverick certainly fits this bill as in a strange way so does Taurus. 

Maybe something new is in order, so I like Stallion, or Range for a small pickup . Range can be to Ranger what Explorer is to Expedition.

45 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

It wasn't leaked - Ford actually published it several months back along with the sheet covered Bronco profile.

Here’s a few names I came up with:

Phoenix - Ford Phoenix has a nice ring to it. Also hints at the outdoors. Imagine the logo options too. This would be my choice.

Scout - pairs up nicely with the ranger name, but I’m sure there is trademark issues.

FX - Ford FX sounds good and it is a 4x4 so the name fits

Tremor - Ford probably already has this trademarked but maybe this belongs on a larger vehicle.

Sentry - fits with the ranger name but might be too close to the Sentra.

Triton  - I’ve always liked the triton name but again should probably go on something larger. 

Legion - no rhyme or reason for this one, just sounds cool to me

Edited by T-dubz
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, bzcat said:

Ford did file a trademark application for Courier last year.

4 hours ago, jpd80 said:

FYI, Equator lost out to Endura as the new name for Edge in Australia after Toyota refused to relinquish the name (Corolla Edge like 20 years ago)

Equator was the name of the Nissan built Suzuki truck sold in the US...I am sure others have used it too.

Edited by twintornados

6 hours ago, probowler said:

...Legion is badass though.... but i'm not sure how it would flow off the tongue? "YO, guess who just bought a Ford Legion?!"

Too close to the word lesion.....although a Ford Lesion could be the start of a new sub-brand of cars you drive when you need to get to the dermatologist.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, twintornados said:

Too close to the word lesion.....although a Ford Lesion could be the start of a new sub-brand of cars you drive when you need to get to the dermatologist.  

Make it part of the Mustang sub brand. Can be the special edition that's actually MEANT to drive into crowds when leaving cars and coffee events! 

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Make it part of the Mustang sub brand. Can be the special edition that's actually MEANT to drive into crowds when leaving cars and coffee events! 

Give 'em all dry clutch powershifts so that like a Lesion, the problem never goes away...

• Haha 2

In regards to the news of the removable doors and roof, im wondering if the 2 door be the one which gets this and the 4 door will offer something else?  Storing 2 doors  in the vehicle would easier than 4, as is roof removal.

Remember that Ford patent with removable pods over each door plus over the rear (also removable) side windows, using an alloy center T structure? Maybe this would be for the 4 door Bronco, with normal doors using frameless glass...?

14 hours ago, spudz64 said:

In regards to the news of the removable doors and roof, im wondering if the 2 door be the one which gets this and the 4 door will offer something else?  Storing 2 doors  in the vehicle would easier than 4, as is roof removal.

Remember that Ford patent with removable pods over each door plus over the rear (also removable) side windows, using an alloy center T structure? Maybe this would be for the 4 door Bronco, with normal doors using frameless glass...?

Found that trademark!

https://pdfpiw.uspto.gov/.piw?PageNum=0&docid=10150517&IDKey=5140D9E4A8DC &HomeUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fpatft.uspto.gov%2Fnetacgi%2Fnph-Parser%3FSect1%3DPTO2%26Sect2%3DHITOFF%26p%3D1%26u%3D%252Fnetahtml%252FPTO%252Fsearch-bool.html%26r%3D16%26f%3DG%26l%3D50%26co1%3DAND%26d%3DPTXT%26s1%3D%2522ford%2Bglobal%2Btechnologies%2522%26OS%3D%2522ford%2Bglobal%2Btechnologies%2522%26RS%3D%2522ford%2Bglobal%2Btechnologies%2522

• Like 1