Module swapping/interchanging PMI and configuring questions

Jcearley85

Hello everyone, new here, hopefully not off topic for this discussion board. Asking about module communication and programming when swapping modules between vehicles (ie: converting manual mustang to automatic) and such. The reason I want to start a discussion for this is to better understand the process when doing so. Simply replacing modules is easy we all do it everyday, but this is geared towards modifying and doing major changes, mostly mustangs since I also deal with a lot of performance shops doing automatic swaps for racing. Ive done a few successful cars but seems the process is never the same, and a lot I can never get fully configured correctly. Anybody on here with a better understanding of what goes on exactly when swapping modules to cars that did not have certain features and configuring correctly? I guess I'm looking for a more in depth understanding of the PMI, As built and configuration process to see what my limitations are when doing so. Thanks